A4 cabs all over the place

scooby_simon

Whats wrong with driving an estate car? the RS4 is faster than the M3 (im sticking to the facts again) AND its an Estate. Thats part of the appeal notworthy.gif

And the CSL did redifine depreciation I'm afraid...

M3, if you're going to take on all TSNers then they're going to bite back - its the spirit of the community!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

Whats wrong with driving an estate car? the RS4 is faster than the M3 (im sticking to the facts again) AND its an Estate.

[/ QUOTE ]

and it is highly tunable and I can get my 4.5 year old stepdaughter's toy crap in the back etc etc. smile.gif

So again, where do you get a chance to explore the M3's superior dynamics?

[ QUOTE ]

If you're over 50 and don't appreciate the better drivers car, then yes, buy an S4 and suffer the horrid residuals.

I hear you can pick one up with 10,000 Nectar points these days... beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh.... Silly me. smashfreakB.gif

I paid cash for mine and cashed my nectar points in for a tank of juice. suicide.gif

Who is taking on all other TSN-ers?

From what I see this debate is confined to blinkered Audi owner/drivers and thats it.

If I wanted pure speed of course I'd have bought the CSL.

If I wanted speed and a Volvo looking car with a roof, I'd have bought an RS4/6.

If I wanted speed and 4wd, it'd have been an S4.

I wanted speed, no roof and a better car - which I believe I got in my M3 Convertible. As for them being common, well some of you must live of BMW forecourts to have 400 with a few miles of you (no names mentioned).

[ QUOTE ]

I haven't personally explored the M3's superior dynamics as you so condescendly seek to find out.

I didn't claim to either. However, a quick review of magazines and TV programmes reveals that no-one has ever debated the M3 is the better drivers car.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I haven't personally explored the M3's superior dynamics as you so condescendly seek to find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent. This is getting even better.

that's sorted that one out then. why mention it?

BTW show me one review that says the E46 M3 has superior dynamics to the RS4.

I'd say most if not all RS4 owners are true motoring enthusiasts..

Where are you coming from!!!

I started this off by saying the M3 is the better drivers car! You brought up dynamics!

Check the Top Gear review of the M3 v RS4 - they hand the drivers car win to the M3 without hesitation.

Jeremy, James May - both say the same. They do however say they'd have an RS4, because they thought it was more relaxing when it needed to be.

But, that isn't what we were talking about...

Your next twist of my words?

[ QUOTE ]

Who is taking on all other TSN-ers?

[/ QUOTE ]

lets be honest here... wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

If I wanted pure speed of course I'd have bought the CSL.

If I wanted speed and a Volvo looking car with a roof, I'd have bought an RS4/6.

If I wanted speed and 4wd, it'd have been an S4.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a little concerned you've got your Rs and Ss mixed up here.

The old S4 was a 2.7 V6 Biturbo with 265 bhp and good four about 0-60 in 5.4s

The current S4 is a 4.2V8 with 344bhp and good for 60 in around 5.1 or .2

The RS4 was a limited edition variant of the old S4 with a 380bhp 2.7 V6 Biturbo, 0-60 in 4.8s and is easily tunable to 500+bhp and <4s 0-60, +/- 200mph. John Roberts' or Bushy's RS4s (RIP to them) would TROUNCE either an M3 or a CSL on road or track.

*fact

and they're ALL (Torsen) 4WD! smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I wanted speed, no roof and a better car - which I believe I got in my M3 Convertible. As for them being common, well some of you must live of BMW forecourts to have 400 with a few miles of you (no names mentioned).

[/ QUOTE ]

I can almost say with utmost confidence that there will be 400 M3s living within 3 miles of where I live. I'm not saying that I live in Beverly Hills, rather that its (sadly) a vehicle which is aspired to by certain younger and often uncouth members of wealthy families. Oh and footballers, of which there are many many near here. Fact.

I don't think you're that au fait with the RS4 M3ME, I reckon you'd like it! smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

f I wanted speed and a Volvo looking car with a roof, I'd have bought an RS4/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

now i can see the similarity between an m3 and a 318 sport, and indeed an s4 with an a4 sline, but an RS4 with a volvo... that one i dont get.

[ QUOTE ]

As for them being common, well some of you must live of BMW forecourts to have 400 with a few miles of you

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm in cheshire.

m3's are the second most common "luxury" car here...after X5's.

and i'm not "blinkered"... theres lots of a4 s-lines too, but nowhere near as many S4's etc.

a4 cabs arent as common as they used to be, and black a4 cabs are still nice n rare round here 169144-ok.gif

Correction.

I drove an RS4 (Black) before the M3 Coupe.

I then drove another one (Black again) before I committed to the M3 Convertible.

In both instances I felt without any hesitation the M3 was by far the better car, for me.

Note, for me.

It's shame - I can point you to numerous comments showing my unblinkered approach to this debate.

But, yet again, another Audi driver shows complete contempt for anything other than their vehicle.

C'mon guys, I'll happily argue all day because I will not crumble under a barrage of Audi-only comments just because you think I should.

As for the 400 M3's within a few miles of you Mollox - you're doing it again, talking Bollox. 400?

Lol I have to go out for a min!

If you drove them, I wish you paid more attention because you don't seem to have taken much in. I'm merely defending the cars you've glazed over by filling in the gaps. You're missing my point and that is that I love BOTH the RS4 and the M3 and choosing between the two is a dilemna I'd love to and may have in the near future. May... frown.gif

My point is you're dismissing the RS4 in just 2 or 3 words. I'm filling in the gaps.

And as for the 400? Yes! I live in N. London. I might not be fabulously wealthy but there are a lot of rich people around me. a 3 mile radius of my flat takes in about 1/6 of London so yes, 400, easy.

New signature.

I have never encountered such blinkered, biased, and moderator supported rubbish, as I have from Audi drivers today.

Going to find a forum of constructive minded discussion elsewhere.

You should all get a racehorse between you. If it had 3 legs you could blinker it as much as yourselves and you'd still back it to win the Grand National...

[ QUOTE ]

New signature.

I have never encountered such blinkered, biased, and moderator supported rubbish, as I have from Audi drivers today.

Going to find a forum of constructive minded discussion elsewhere.

You should all get a racehorse between you. If it had 3 legs you could blinker it as much as yourselves and you'd still back it to win the Grand National...

[/ QUOTE ]

oh come on mate. this is a car lover's forum. that simple. beerchug.gif

you're the blinkered one!!

And please have a look here

although the M3 eventually does pass the RS4:

- the M3 isn't standard

- the M3 has to work its wheels off

- the RS4 is badly driven, the M3 is very well driven

The point is, you can't dismiss the RS4 like that after watching the video.

Then have a look here and listen to these swedes having kittens trying to catch an RS4. And failing!

All I'm saying they're both great cars. They take different approaches and arrive at different ends. Performance wise they're very close but you can't just brush off the RS4, it is simply a remarkable car. 169144-ok.gif

And perleeeeeeeese, come on!

I don't even own an RS4, we're all just participating in some fun motoring banter and all trying to put the facts forward. If I'm honest, and with my moderator's hat on, you're so bloody aggressive and insistent about things I'm not surprised people are coming back at you. At the end of the day, a thread is a thread, this one is valid, and its generated some interesting discussion. So woo hoo!

I can't see anyone else throwing their toys out of the pram because they didn't know their S4s from their RS4s though! wink.giftongue.gif

169144-ok.gif