Has anyone smashesd there gearbox/sump on A3?

A3Lee

Hi there!After a midly spirited drive on some nice A roads in the lakes i mangeged to wreck the gearbox casing!I wasnt going that fast and it was a mild yyump which ive been over in other cars, it just crashed to the ground on the other side!which im surprised at with the so caled sport GmbH suspesion!anyone els had probs wth A3 just dropping to its knees?Cheers Lee

THis was quite a problem on Golfs and New Beetles that were fitted with dealer option lowered suspension, they were wrecking sumps and I remember one beetle getting gearbox totally trashed. VW dealers will not recommend lowering certain models anymore. As this is all same platform I dont see why this issues would be a problem on Audi.

I did that on my A3 1.8T. Went over a humpback bridge a bit too fast (left the road briefly!) and smacked the sump when I landed. Thought it was ok until I noticed the rear window was getting a bit oily shocked.gif then when I got to work and had a look under the front there was a large pool of oil forming on the ground iamwithstupid.gif

Anyhow that was the last I saw of that car because it went away on a towtruck and my S4 arrived the following week cool.gif

Hi folks!Yep its fecked! the sump and gearbox are the same height! sportifs2.gifso it needs 2 gearbox casings and a strip and rebuild so sort it!so 1300 quid later im not laughing!So ill be keping my 02 Tdi Q abit longer!anyone know of a company that suplies proper sump guards??Cheers Lee