E46 320Ci in black...but read on...

NewNiceMrMe

See I forgot to mention this one earlier.

I pass it parked on a drive every day.

It's a W plate in Carbon Black Metallic. The guy is out washing it every weekend without fail and I have often thought he must me an enthusiastic like me because he looks after it, seemingly, properly.

Then, a couple of ago months I noticed his standard 16" star spoke alloys had gone. In their place had appeared a set of what I think are 17".

Cheap looking - mercedes 3 spoke style - didn't even know they did those for the E46. crazy.gif

Anyway, I had a tut to myself and thought nowt more.

Well, on my way back from the Metro, approaching home, there he is on the drive - just pulling off the drive actually...and that is when I noticed them...

...he has added Lexus style rear lights. NONO3.GIFblush.gif

It now looks like a mobile brothel.

I so much wanted to stop him and ask why oh why.

Fact is, he'd have probably said "Cos they look cool, do you want some?".

ARGH! sportifs2.gif

Thats just appalling, how tacky can it all get?

In summary of BMW's in particular (as a driver of one I guess I take more note of any tarted up or imitation ones) this is a small list of ones I see occasionally:

1. A 318i Touring with an M3 badge on the rear hatch, stick on side vents and a windscreen sun thing that says MotorSport.

2. An old 318iS saloon with a huge 4"+ backbox, M badges at the front and rear and a set of M alloys...now this might be a common sight that you all see somewhere near you...but I bet you don't see em in kermit Kawasaki lime green with checks all down em...and trust me its a 318i - cos I know someone who knows the 58 year old owner!!!!!!

3. An E46 318i Convertible with kit on, M3 badge, standard 17" alloys....why????

4. But worst of all a 318Ti compact with an M badge on each front wing, one on the rear hatch, huge cheap SaxoPaxo style alloys, Blaupunkt stickers on every window, a wonky mouted rear chrome twin exhaust that moves 3" from side to side as the car is driven, and a driver that wears shades ALL the time, always seems to have his window fully down and his arm out of it tapping his palm on the panel of the door as he drives along with the latest dross playing at full volume......

suicide.gif

Worst Bimmer I ever saw was years ago in Hackney.

It pulled up next to me at the lights and I thought "that sounds a bit noisy"-on glancing over I realised it would do having side pipes on it!!!! The ones that go all the way along the sill and curl up at the end,just like a hot rod.Only thing is it was a 316,yucckkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Worst Bimmer I ever saw was years ago in Hackney.

It pulled up next to me at the lights and I thought "that sounds a bit noisy"-on glancing over I realised it would do having side pipes on it!!!! The ones that go all the way along the sill and curl up at the end,just like a hot rod.Only thing is it was a 316,yucckkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I see a contest for the worst BMW out there. There is a fast and the Furious one that I see in the carpark at my gym. I'll get photos. beerchug.gif

Hey, I mean, another thing, those Merc's make me think that they're owned by the type of people that would make 500 trips like a Muppet on fuzzy stuff only to find the wheels they went get don't fit when they get home... ooo.gifconfused.gif

And we were looking for the worst modded Bimmer - maybe we should look for the most senile Merc owner intead... 169144-ok.gif

What a tacky world it is out there.Can't wait to see the pics!

Chrome mirrors eh? Lovely! All you'd need is a set of chrome spinners bolted to the hubs,some neon underlighting and a pair of those dodgy lighted windscreen washers and you really would look the part!

[ QUOTE ]

What a tacky world it is out there.Can't wait to see the pics!

Chrome mirrors eh? Lovely! All you'd need is a set of chrome spinners bolted to the hubs,some neon underlighting and a pair of those dodgy lighted windscreen washers and you really would look the part!

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you been following me? blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]

It's OK fpr the people driving the Pheonix M3's, they don't have to look at 'em when they're in 'em wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

.....unless they went for a matching custard interior.

Reminds me of that Mr Bean sketch where he decides to decorate his flat using a tin of dulux and a firecracker. He covers up everything he doesn't want painted - like his fruit bowl and fruit - before plonking the tin on a table in the middle of the room and lighing the fuse....

Ian C ices_blah.gif