[Audi A3/S3] 160mph and STILL going!!!

stevebalfe

Hi people, well, i need to tell you of my experience last night! and after that, ask a tunning question! I shall begin!! 169144-ok.gif

Somewhere on a motorway near you tongue.gif i raced a TT 3.2. Now according to my hand book, it reckons that my car will do a restricted 155mph! So how come i did 160mph the_finger.gif and felt like the car was still pulling?? notworthy.gif

The TT wasn't far behind but i reckon he bottled it somewhere around the 145mph stage. I have to say, i didnt at first realise i had pushed the car as hard as i had, as i was concentrating on keeping the car stable, and my eyes firmly fixed on the road, but when i looked in the rear view mirror and saw that the TT was falling back, it was then that i quickly glanced down at the speedometer. After what felt like an age, but in reality was just a split second, and to my shock/excitement, i managed to find the speedo needle firmly pressed against 160mph digit!! jump.gif

Now i know i shouldn't break the law, NONO3.GIF and i know its dangerous to drive over the speed limits slap.gif but please, believe you me, WHAT A BUZZZZZZZZ!! FIREdevil.gif

Anyway, to get back to my point in hand. I am looking to tune this already quick car and have a real desire to turn it into a Porsche beater!! sportifs2.gif

Im looking for more torque through the gears especially 3rd 4th 5th and 6th and thus reduce the time from 0 - 100

Is there anyone out there that knows a way, or someone in this country that can professionally tune/enhance the 3.2 V6 engine??

Any and all help will be very much appreciated!!!!!!! beerchug.gif

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not top end, no, but more 0 - 100, yes, hate being kicked around by Evo's and the new suburu STi's. Not to mention the Porsche boxters etc, i want to be able to compete with most mass produced cars on the road.

Lets face it, there are a whole bunch of cars now available that will do 0 - 60 in less than 7 seconds.

So i want to set my car aside from the crowd and put it where it belongs up at the front of the hot runners.

Not such a bad thing, more a mad onaudi thing!! :-)

[ QUOTE ]

Now according to my hand book, it reckons that my car will do a restricted 155mph! So how come i did 160mph the_finger.gif and felt like the car was still pulling?? notworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

confused.gif 160mph and still pulling ? Are you sure the car wasn't free-falling from a plane ? tongue.gif

grin.gif Perhaps AmD can help you, though that sort of speed on public roads isn't very clever NONO3.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

Not top end, no, but more 0 - 100, yes, hate being kicked around by Evo's and the new suburu STi's. Not to mention the Porsche boxters etc, i want to be able to compete with most mass produced cars on the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't have bought an A3 then really should you?

I would agree, maybe you should have bought something Japanese.

Also, in my opinion - anyone who drives at that kind of speed should be locked up. I admit, as I'm sure the majority of people on here will, that on occasion I've broken speed limits but 160mph is f*cking suicide suicide.gif. Fair enough if you kill yourself, but I don't want taken out by someone like you.

Hmmm seems you have a problem with Audi, as you never really have anything good to say about them, hence previous posts you have posted. And hey, we are all entitled to an opinion, especially Merc owners lol.gif

Besides, Im Audi Through and through and didnt want a car that just by appearance alone would attract every scrote on the planet to come knocking at my door (or kicking it in). Plus i use this car for business use and needed prestige and professional looking vehicle and not a boy racer car in looks!

Audi for me is without doubt one of the finest built cars around.

And when you drive 25,000 miles per year upwards like myself, i need comfort, refinement as well as speed.

Guess im just greedy wanting more power, but hey, we all always want more!! yelrotflmao.gif

So stop driving like a pr*ck on public roads and keep your license then, if you had crashed and injured or killed someone I know, then scrotes like me would come and kick your door in anyway.

Grow up, 160 on the road is irrisponsible and dangerous, go buy a fast car, then take it to a track.

I wasn't bragging! Not at all. Just asking a question! Well, it appears i have at least raised an interesting point though. How many people out there do actually admit to breaking the speed limits. Whether it be by 10mph or 60mph, if you hit someone, you'll kill them anyway!!

A fact of this issue, is that i save any speeding i may do for the motorways, and not A or B roads like most others.

Speeding is wrong, and i would never condone it, but, reality is, virtually no one will stick to a 30mph limit, and will ofter do 40mph upwards on these roads. You hit someone, there dead.

So, please, lets not forget, that virtually all drivers out there are irrisponsible when behind the wheel acording to the letter of the law.

For those now judging me, think about this point the next time you drive past a pedestrian on the pavement at 40mph and imagine what you would do to that person should you hit them with your vehicle if they suddenly ran into the road, wether it be a mini or a hummer!

I guess im getting on my soap box here, but nothing more winds me up than listening to people preach something they never practice!

If no one ever drove over the speed limits, we would have no need for speed camera's, speed humps etc. So guess we're all guilty of commiting this common crime.

Regards

Steve

If you make a mistake at 40mph, fair enough, live with the cosequences, if you make a mistake at 160mph, the consequences would be unimaginable. Reaction time is the same, but in that reaction time, look how far you'll have travelled, try braking from 160mph to account for a hazard you've spotteda few hundred feet away, you can't, simple as that!!

I have much better brakes than you, and I wouldn't even be close to stopping.

[ QUOTE ]

If you make a mistake at 40mph, fair enough, live with the cosequences, if you make a mistake at 160mph, the consequences would be unimaginable. Reaction time is the same, but in that reaction time, look how far you'll have travelled, try braking from 160mph to account for a hazard you've spotteda few hundred feet away, you can't, simple as that!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I respect that, and yes i hear what your saying, but at the time, you dont think of that, and yes, it was fool hardy, yet i doubt that anyone who posts or just browses on here will of, at one time or another have done a speed in an area where if it goes wrong, the consequences would be high.

I guess the bottom line with this is one thing. Never post a post that will strike up such a responce as this.

Do i have regrets. I do now smashfreakB.gif

Mad_On_Audi promises never to do it again! 169144-ok.gif

Ok, so now ive stured up some very interesting and welcomed emotions about speeding and the risks/dangers involved by such an action. I would like to admit that the actual post and event described within it was pure speculation to help grab your attention and monitor responces to such an event should it of actually of happened.

If you have read the post and found it offensive you have my sincere apologies.

Regards

Steve