Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Smudge

Just got my invite from VW . . . . . . .

21 posts in this topic

To view the new MkV GTi. Supposed to be a special private viewing, Sunday Jan 16th.

Well at least I'll get a chance to get a proper gander at that interior.

I didn't get an invite! Make sure you tell them all about Tyresmoke. Get in there and do a proper review! smile.gif

I still haven't received my brochure and no word on when I'll get a test drive. Am I going to have to chase them? smashfreakB.gif

I've got a brochure at home somewhere I think. I'll have a dig around, if I've still got it I'll scan her in & post up here!

Will do the review etc etc, but as to the Tyresmoke bit, the dealers won't give a monkeys, they don't like me that much as it is! Mind you, if I say I might be looking for a new car . . . . . . .

169144-ok.gif

I got one too, only problem is it's an hour & half drive..not sure I've got the inclination

Does the invite include a test drive? or cheese savories and a fiddle poke at the car?

Al. Just received the same with a choice of the next three Sundays to take a T/D. Might give it a go! 169144-ok.gif TP.

Ive got two invites to the launch today and tomorrow but doesnt mention anything about a test drive....

Well if i do manage to somehow get a go im going to rip the b#lls of it.... jump.gif

Riz shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Does the invite include a test drive? or cheese savories and a fiddle poke at the car?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a scratch & sniff I'm guessing, especilly as it's on a SUnday. IIRC, when the Sales Manager called me he did say it would be followed by Testdrives for interested parties at a later date.

Went past the dealers this morning & the car's already sat there to be looked at. One thing I can't understand is it's Red. Just like every other MkV GTi in the country.

smashfreakB.gif

Arnold Clark on the south side of Glasgow has a blue one.

Its a demo - but I havent seen it yet, because Im lazy and I know the person who takes it home at night, but I am aware i should get of my backside and at least get some piccies for you guys...

I will try at lunch tomorrow.

Cheers beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Ive got two invites to the launch today and tomorrow but doesnt mention anything about a test drive....

Well if i do manage to somehow get a go im going to rip the b#lls of it.... jump.gif

Riz shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the car's quaking in its garage already Riz wink.gif

169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Riz shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the car's quaking in its garage already Riz wink.gif

169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ] It better be.... its going to die!

Riz FIREdevil.gif

Hey guys, guess what?

I returned my invite today from VW, to confirm my attendance - Sunday 30th of January, Oulton Park, 2 laps round the Int'l circuit and then 2 laps being shown how its really done by an instructor cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

Oh yeah and a briefing and a poke around at the car itself too.

Can't wait!

jump.gif

Oh and the dealership's showroom MkV GTI is a black one - looks gorgeous

Cheers grin.gif

Well , in the post on Saturday an envelope came from my local VW dealership, where I bought my Polo GTI, and there was a flyer inside:

[ QUOTE ]

We don't doubt your driving skills are nothing short of impressive. But are they of an order to get the best out of Volkswagen's fifth-generation GTI?

To that end, be our guest. We'll have twenty-five of them lined up on the tarmac at Oulton Park come Sunday, January 30th. First off, you'll attend a tutorial centred around the car and track, majoring on handling and safety. Then it's on with the helmet (yep, serious stuff this) and off round the international circuit for a couple of laps, a professional instructor beside you.

You may push the car to what you reckon is the limit of its capabilities. More likely though, it'll be the limit of yours. Something your instructor will be happy to demonstrate when he takes over for a further two laps.

Believe us, it promises to be one of the most exhilirating and informative half-hours you're ever likely to experience. And so to the reply card. Fill it in, and we'll confirm the time slot you choose. As befits the occasion, we advise a quick response.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I got one because I bought a GTI from them 18 months ago - its a local dealership event - Inchcape. At first I kinda dismissed it, but then realised its really something that isn't likely to happen again, so went for it grin.gif

Reasons for my hesitation? Well, I've not done track day events before, and the 200bhp turbo-powered Golf GTI will be the most powerful car I have ever driven ooo.gif

Lookin' forward to it now!

I bet lucky sod, looking forward to review and pics 169144-ok.gif

Well I popped into the dealers yesterday for what I believed to be a propper look at the GTi.

What a complete waste of time. smashfreakB.gif

Three salesman stood at the back of the room, arms crossed staring at their feet & discussing what sounded like Match of the Day. I walk up to them, introduce myself & hand them my "invite".

"oh, right you are sir, well the new GTi, there it is, go and have a look".

And that was it. No questions from him about my interest, no talk about what the car has spec wise in the showroom or anything else at that. So I had a good look around, watched some fella kick a tyre & push down on the bonnet whilst I measured up the interior build & space over my R32. Seems bigger, still don't like the inside, can't even say it's growing on me. frown.gif

Look in the boot, that seems bigger too, but the R32 boot will be smaller anyway with the 4WD etc.

So, I pop back over to the salesman, ask a few questions & they really weren't interested, not at all. confused.gif

So I ask for about test drives. "yes, was his response, we are doing test drives". shocked.gif

"So, can I book one then???" (FFS, talk about hard work!!!)

"Oh right sir, yes of course". I then ask about DSG & driving one of each type of gearbox. The response - "sorry sir, but not many people buy automatic cars in Bedford, so unless VW HQ tell us to have one we won't be bothering".

Sales @ Vindis VW Bedford = Charisma by-pass central.

NONO3.GIF

I honestly don't know why they bothered sending out the invites, I could have done much more on a week day, and still had a natter with the nice girlie on reception.

Nice one Vindis. 169144-ok.gifsmashfreakB.gif

That's poor Al, I have to agree but thanks for the heads up re: the receptionist!

My only experience of this dealership was when I gave them the chance to pitch for my 32 back in 2003, and that was like pulling teeth..definately order takers and not dealer makers.

I'm hearing these type of complaints about VW dealers more & more - how do they get any business ?

Must say that 'my' dealer has been very good - rang me to ask if I wanted a test drive within a couple of days of them getting the new GTI - took one out to drive as far as I liked ! - F.Cross,S****horpe,Lincs.

I forgot to add, I popped the bonnet open to take look under, and the main pipe work from the Air filter to the engine was hanging off.

Now, the dealer may have been aware of this & would quite possibly rectify before the car is driven (in any form hopefully) but to leave it that way on a "special" GTi viewing day.

suicide.gif

Had a look at one in sunderland.. They had two a 5-door and a 3-door...The 5 door was in Dark blue and didn't do it for me at all... The three door in Steel Grey (forget the name) look HOT... didn't bother speaking to any salesman... I knew it wouldn't help me out..

It a shame really the car may sell itself in their eyes but to someone who walks in and owns an R32...they need to do a lot of selling... Its a shame but the car retail business is full of the lax carless crew.. Marketers make the effort to promote the car properly and it take a few doughnut heads to screw it all up...