Beetle RSI?!

sayerbloke

[ QUOTE ]

Forgot to mention this one. I saw it on thursday as I was picking something up at Newey's and as I came out a Beetle went past. Had all the RSI bodykit and the engine certainly sounded different, so I`m tempted to say it was genuine.

[/ QUOTE ] Most likely was but they are very rare... think 50 came to the UK with only 250 in total.... based on the old Audi TT platform with the 2.8/3.2 V6 block producing 225bhp.

314324-RSi.jpg

Riz 169144-ok.gif

post-182-1379142926_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

I wonder how the RSI stacks up against the R32..

[/ QUOTE ]

Volkswagen New Beetle RSi specs

Engine, Electrics

Type of engine: Installation position 6-cyl. V6 petrol engine RSI / Front transverse installation

Material cylinder head/engine block: Aluminium / Gray cast iron casting

Bore/Stroke: 84 / 95.9 (mm)

Effective displacement: 3189cc (cm³)

Valves per cylinder/drive: 4 at an angle / indirect, roller cam followers

Number of camshafts / Drive configuration: 2 / at the top of the cyl. head / with chain

Compression: [:1] 10.8

Power output: 165kW (224bhp) @ 6200rpm

Max. torque: 320Nm @ 3000rpm

Performance (at currb weight + 200 kg)

0-80/100 km/h: 4.7 / 6.9 seconds

0 - 400/1000m: 14.8 / 27.4 seconds

Top speed: 225km/h

60 - 120 km/h, 4th/5th gear: - / 7.5 seconds

80 - 120 km/h, 4th/5th gear: - / 7.5 seconds

Transmission

Type of clutch: single-plate dry clutch, double-mass flywheel

Gearbox Six-speed manual 4MOTION gearbox

Ratios [:1]

1st 3.42

2nd 2.11

3rd 1.48

4th 1.15

5th 0.92

6th 0.77

Reverse 3.25

Axle ratio (Primary stage) 4.2 / -

Running gear

Front: Independent suspension, McPherson struts and coil springs.

Rear: Double wishbones and trailing arms, coil springs, telescopic shock absorbers, anti-roll bars front and rear.

Wheels: 9Jx18

Tyres: 235/40 R 18 Z

Brakes: Internally ventilated disc brakes all-round

ABS: hydraulic ABS system

Ø Discs front/rear 334mm / 256mm

More info HERE

Riz 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Thought they put out nearer 275 Riz, seen two for sale on ebay where IIRC that output was quoted & no note of AM modding

[/ QUOTE ] Nope 225bhp with approx near the same amount of torque as the R32, maybe your thinking of the Beetle RSi Cup Cars?

Riz tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I've only ever seen one of these and it was at the 'ring 3 or 4 years ago.

Everyone was looking at it and it sounded good but it didn't seem that impressive speed wise....for the money.

[/ QUOTE ] And from what i heard it didnt handle too good either...... crazy.gif

Riz grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Most likely was but they are very rare... think 50 came to the UK with only 250 in total....

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to say dude but your wrong, None were sold in the UK, if you see one, it's because someone's imported it, so by that token they are all also Left Hookers. znaika.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Nope they were sold in the UK by Offical VW Dealers! LHD only though.

Riz the_finger.gifpengy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Most likely was but they are very rare... think 50 came to the UK with only 250 in total....

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to say dude but your wrong, None were sold in the UK, if you see one, it's because someone's imported it, so by that token they are all also Left Hookers. znaika.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Nope they were sold in the UK by Offical VW Dealers! LHD only though.

Riz the_finger.gifpengy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure? Might want to check your sources bruv. the_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifwink.gif