how much would audi charge to get bulbs changed?

Waylander

car going in on saturday to have intermittent rear parking sensor failure looked at [doubt they'll find aught as it has only happened 4 times in the 7 months i had the car] - 1 time resulting in a scuff to the bumper.

while it is in i was thinking of getting them to change the bulbs to osram silver stars but wonder how much it might cost [given that the other main job should be covered under warranty, and hence not chargable no?]

dealer is skf stockport...

darn it i thought so.

to tell you the truth as the fault is so intermittent i am more than 1/2 minded not to give me car to them for the fear of what mess they will make of it taking it apart looking for this fault....

looks like i will have to come to a northern meet and get one of you folks to change my bulbs for me beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

little things do customer satisfaction make.

why charge for a trivial job like this? the "get them hooked" factor for doing that as a favour/freeby would be more valuable in the long run surely?

[/ QUOTE ]

You would think so wouldn't you? But lets put it this way, would you guys work for free?? I work in a main 'stealer' too (some one has to!) and if there's one thing that bugs me is people EXPECTING parts fitted for free FIREdevil.gif Do you know how much a cup of tea is these days? A tip would be nice once in a while!mad.gifmad.gif Oh it's not an Audi dealer either!!!

Contentious issue there Bub!

Without wishing to sound disrespectful, when I've just had my card swiped at £ x £90 an hour +VAT and noticed things like being charged £3 to put screenwash in my bottle which I filled earlier that morning I don't usually feel in the mood to tip.

Interesting though, you don't think to tip a franchised dealer...mind you, I have given a bottle of wine in return for very attentive service in the past.

On the whole my dealer experience with a few different marques has left me, more often than not, exasperated and the inclination to tip has never been there!

No offence intended. At the end of the day, I'm happy to leave what I believe to be a generous tip at a restaurant IF I'm inclined to believe that I have just enjoyed excellent service smile.gif

The short and simple message is this :

The price for a bulb change at the dealership would cost you

sportifs2.gif and 123576-assfeck.gif and the_finger.gif

plus a bit of this fekr.gif

yOu may also have to spend some time feeling iamwithstupid.gif

and to top it all off, you have to pay the FIREdevil.gif

more than an arm or leg....

it's rafwings.gif to do it yourself.

on the other hand, if the warranty is going to be stuffed because of SPericani2.gif putting their finger where it doesn't belong, then we're all stuffed.

the world is such a sad place where the fekr.gif roams and innocent dung.gif like us Flush.gif everyday.

If its booked in and agreed as under warranty, it does what is says!

If the dealer doesn't find the problem they will book and charge time to the maker. Some manufactures do seem to be 'difficult' with payment for warranty work, these dealers tend to replace items, even if NFA- No fault found, just to help protect there income.

With regard to FOC fitting, you might have got it thrown in at point of sale for the car (due to great margins of profit), but no way will any main dealer garage give freebies (unless there's an ulterior motive to do so).

There busy with paying customers, so why bother with freebies.

If you turn it round, most of us adopt a similar pose, in our businesses and work life. Friends and family being the exception.

[ QUOTE ]

on the topic of money - another thought. with the problem as described for my rear parking sensors, everything should be covered under warranty,right? i cant be stung for any charges [labour or anything else like that?] - esp if they dont find the fault? NONO3.GIFEEK2.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct my friend - but a warranty claim can be quite a drawn out affair. Luckily, yours is electronic not paintwork, which my stealer took 10 weeks to sort out on my old car. Anyway, be very clear that it is booked in to find the fault and insist it WILL be done under the warranty.

Tell them who's boss!

[ QUOTE ]

Contentious issue there Bub!

Without wishing to sound disrespectful, when I've just had my card swiped at £ x £90 an hour +VAT and noticed things like being charged £3 to put screenwash in my bottle which I filled earlier that morning I don't usually feel in the mood to tip.

Interesting though, you don't think to tip a franchised dealer...mind you, I have given a bottle of wine in return for very attentive service in the past.

On the whole my dealer experience with a few different marques has left me, more often than not, exasperated and the inclination to tip has never been there!

No offence intended. At the end of the day, I'm happy to leave what I believe to be a generous tip at a restaurant IF I'm inclined to believe that I have just enjoyed excellent service smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

169144-ok.gif I'll take that on the chin Mollox beerchug.gif

But remember you expect to be served in a restaurant you shouldn't expect to have bulbs and the like fitted for free.I NEVER expect a tip for just doing my job, that's what I'm payed for but if I have to go outside to fit 3 wiper blades in the pi**ing rain a couple of quid wouldn't go a miss would it?

Believe it or not there are still some conscientious people who give a F**K working in the franchised motor trade. I've got 18ish months untill my first Audi service ( I think it's £115+ a hour down here blush.gif) and yes I WILL be topping up the screen wash beforehand beerchug.gifwink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

on the topic of money - another thought. with the problem as described for my rear parking sensors, everything should be covered under warranty,right? i cant be stung for any charges [labour or anything else like that?] - esp if they dont find the fault? NONO3.GIFEEK2.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct my friend - but a warranty claim can be quite a drawn out affair. Luckily, yours is electronic not paintwork, which my stealer took 10 weeks to sort out on my old car. Anyway, be very clear that it is booked in to find the fault and insist it WILL be done under the warranty.

Tell them who's boss!

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks

i will phone the service manager tomorrow on the pretext of confirming my courtesy car for friday evening and then say that "it is booked in to find a fault and so i have assumed this is all covered under warranty with no charge to me - is that correct?" cheers 169144-ok.gif