Hesitation / 7000 update

rich63

To clear up a point raised in the 6463 post I have now got the info on 7000 which is basically the same as 6463 "CD software adjustment for control units" (knock sensor control too sensitive) but..........and this is copied directly from the sheet that comes with the cd (they wouldn't let me have a copy but said if they were to leave it on the desk and I copied it onto a piece of paper it would be OK) sekret.gif

7000= control unit 022 906 032 DS becomes 022997032A from version 010-2004

6463 or higher= control unit 022 906 032 CP from version 009-2004

6338 or higher control unit= 022 906 032 CN from version 008 2004

basically it all depends on the build date of the ECU as to what version they down load to the ECU.

Anyway, they have now replaced my two exploding coil packs and down loaded 6463 and now I am one happy bunny again,

beerchug.gif

An interesting comment from Dirk from the German R32 Club-DE relating to the 7000 Software..

The note I wrote with Dirks reply below..

Guteg Tag Alles,

traurig aber mein Deutscher ist nicht gut genug, meine Fragen zu stellen!!!

Can anybody tell me if there are any ECU and DSG software updates available???

I can get the VW 6463 update from my VW Handler, but they don't know if there are any sofware updates for the DSG as the car was not officially sold in the UK, it was bought in Germany.

2004MY R32 DSG.

danke für jede mögliche Hilfe, die Sie mich geben können.

TonyMac.

---------------------------------------------------------

Wellcome Tonymac.

Where you from in the UK ?

My R32 DSG get a Software Update for the Engine and the Gearbox in December.

It was done by Online Flashing.

Here are my fact´s :

Engine Software:

Identity: 022906032 DS ----> 022997032 A

Version: 0005 ----> 7000

DSG Software

Identity: 02E300046 E ----> 02E300046 E

Version: 0602 ----> 0629

Result: Engine have a less sensitive Throttle at lower RPM´s, but the power comes more linear and I feel a little bit more power at high RPM´s. Fuel consumption will decrease a little bit, but the engine-problems which are sometimes happens even before are not fully eleminated. Next update will coming soon....maybe

Please use the search (suchen) button for further informations.

You will find a lot in this Forum.

best regards

Dirk alias Speedo

------------------------------------------------------------

Tony.

Interestingly, Australian cars have their own ECU to suit our very own engine code BML.

The control unit is 022 906 032 FC. No known updates available.

Still trying to work out the differences in the engine. I know for a fact that the pistons are different, but not how i.e. lower/higher compression?

The Germans seem to like the 008 update...

http://www.r32-club.de/viewtopic.php?t=1537

Some seem to report an extra 10 kmh top end and seeing 6800 in top gear, and much better elasticity especially in 4th, 5th and 6th gear and better top end all round. (N.B. I don't claim to be an expert in German, by the way - maybe someone a bit "freer" with lingo can extract some useful info out of the thread)

No no no no yes............no........maybe, it all depends on the build date of your ECU, in automotive engineering each component, unit, sensor.....components within units that communicate with sensors are constantly being developed and frequently changing issue/mod levels, the way I understand it is 7000 software is the update for the latest ECU mod level, as for elasticity...... well thats the invisible force that keeps the wifes knickers on.

jump.gif

beerchug.gif