• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I said i`ll ring up for a test drive in a months time.... tongue.gif

Riz 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well im not in a rush to test drive it... im going to wait while its got more miles on the clock then rip the hell out of it! tongue.gif

Why wait...it's a better car than the R32..... Flush.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Ermmm im sure thats your opinion but many will disagree and some will agree with you.

Riz 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Riz 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well im not in a rush to test drive it... im going to wait while its got more miles on the clock then rip the hell out of it! tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Ermmm im sure thats your opinion but many will disagree and some will agree with you.

Riz 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it is my own opinion Riz, but it's based on being an ex R32 owner, and also knowing a little bit about cars.....plus I've driven two of the new GTI's to make a valid comparison.

go on try one, then tell us what you think.... ices_blah.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Riz 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Riz 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it is my own opinion Riz, but it's based on being an ex R32 owner, and also knowing a little bit about cars.....plus I've driven two of the new GTI's to make a valid comparison.

go on try one, then tell us what you think.... ices_blah.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Now now regardless of what i think it doesnt matter, i like it but wouldnt take it over my R32, just my opinion.

Riz 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

The new GTI can have the best chassis in the World but it's still "wrong wheel drive" and a turbo'd small capacity engine.

They don't compare.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but it doesn't hurt to try the mk5 and see what you think 169144-ok.gif

Better to base an opinion on your own experience rather than relying on the car mags and dealers znaika.gif

The car mags have all said it's a great car and I'm sure it is but it's very DIFFERENT to the R32 so comparisons are daft.

I'm looking forward to driving one but will not b comparing it to my 4wd big block mini Carrera 4 (according to two journos)...

The sort of driving I was doing yesterday would have been very tricky in any FWD car.

[ QUOTE ]

The car mags have all said it's a great car and I'm sure it is but it's very DIFFERENT to the R32 so comparisons are daft.

[/ QUOTE ]

"cough - back on topic - cough"

It's an easy assumption / comparison to make though. Last MkIV Golf that was fast = R32.

First MkV Golf thats fast is the GTi, and it is supposedly that much better than the last GTi's that they are raving & comparing, to the R.

But like you say Matt, FWD 2.0ltr turbo vs 3.2ltr V6 <u>A</u>wd doesn't sound like a great starting point. But then the new chassis makes up a lot of the difference between the two cars.

Edit by Smudge - Sorry Gareth, Happy Birthday. beerchug.gif