Golf 2.0dGT DSG or Audi A3 Sport 2.0d DSG

holybob

I've just had a 2002 A4 1.9TDI sport for 2 years and loved it. I've now got to order my new car (I've got a Rover 75 in the overlap!!!!).

Because the new A4s have come out, the price has gone above the pence per mile I;m allowed to have (company rules) so here's my choice:

A3 Sport 2.0Tdi DSG - standard spec + armrest

Golf 2.0dGT DSG - standard spec + armrest.

So, both cars are essentially the same apart from the Audi has the badge, but the Golf has more toys.

I loved my A4 and can't fault it at all, but surely the Golf is essentially the same?

I'm edging towards the Golf at the moment but need help deciding!

Oh, and I've got to order tonight.....

Help!

Bob

I decided on the Golf yesterday, and changed my mind to the Audi today. And I'm considering changing my mind back to the Golf. I just don't know. If only I could get the s-line A3, my decision would be SO much easier.

Oh, and I've edged my bets by putting this post in the A3 forum as well.....

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

My mates girlfriend got her golf nearly a year ago when they first came out and after a few trips out in it I thought it was superb.

And then I took the A3 2.0 TDI out for a test drive and ordered the DSG S Line model the next day!

Now I have been a Golf owner since the day I passed my test (16 long years ago) and I still think believe its one of the best car in its class but the A3 really is a better car. Take one out for a test drive. The DSG box is a dream.