Cheap insurance!

rainbirdt

Looking for insurance quotes at the moment and Bell Direct - http://www.belldirect.co.uk/?media=ifinc - (part of Admiral) seem to be by far the cheapest. Never heard of them before but they have quoted me some cracking premiums with not to bad excess either!!! 200-300 cheaper than the majority of other companies!

Just thought i'd share the knowledge for those of you who are close to renewal. 169144-ok.gif

Tim jump.gif

Sounds good.

I spent £560 on Tracker, as required by Direct Line. The insurance renewal came through - £840! (Plus £140 more for the AMD stage 1 if I put it on).

Tried Elephant (also part of Admiral) and they wanted £549!

They don't require Tracker and (seem to) provide better cover, as well as a much lower XS.

So I renewed with DirectLine, not.

I was with Bell for 7 years and nobody could be them until last year, when Admiral cut them by over £100.

Just to make you feel that bit better I pay £449.50 full comp, protected NCD, etc etc etc!!

Admiral should be able to beat Bell as they said to me that they beat them regardless.... and they did !! smile.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Just tried with Elephant and got it for 100 cheaper than with Bell Direct!! Seems that turning 25 really does make a massive difference to insurance premiums! Next i'll try first alternative and admiral 169144-ok.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]I hope so... i turn 25 in August... current preium was £1600 approx, 2 years NCB and clean licence.

Riz crazy.gif

Ouch! Before I turned 25 last week I was being quoted around 1400 shocked.gif with 5 years protected NCB and 3 points on my license. still can't believe how much it has come down - it is pretty much the sole reason i've waited to buy an R32 until now. hold in there mate, August is just around the corner! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Ouch! Before I turned 25 last week I was being quoted around 1400 shocked.gif with 5 years protected NCB and 3 points on my license. still can't believe how much it has come down - it is pretty much the sole reason i've waited to buy an R32 until now. hold in there mate, August is just around the corner! 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Yup im hanging in there... i was lucky to even get insured on the R32 as it was all abit rush rush when i found out i could..... went hunting for a R32 and managed to secure one on December the 1st 2003.

Mind you insurance has always been steep because ive not built up my NCB`s. (my fault, see below)

19-21 had a Peugeot 206 Grand Tourisme (2.0 GTi) Group 15 insurance = 2nd named driver on dads policy for 2 years - £1300 year 1 and £1200 year 2

22-23 had a Audi S3 quattro (1.8T) Group 17 insurance = 2nd named driver of approx 10 months then bit the bullit and went on my own policy - £1700 for 10 months then £1800 year 1 and it was £1300/1400 for year 2.... but at the time of renewal i asked about the R32 grin.gif so i had the policy held and paid the difference once i got my R32 (Earned 1 years NCB)

23- Present. VW Golf R32 (3.2 V6) Group 18 insurance = Own policy with 2 years NCB.

£2200(including paid preium from S3 renewal) for year 1 (only 1 years NCB) shocked.gif

£1600 for year 2 (2 years NCB)

Egg have told me my insurance will keep dropping yet.... phew crazy.gif

So people..... buy a banger and build up your NCB`s first.... i went the expensive route!

Riz smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

So people..... buy a banger and build up your NCB`s first.... i went the expensive route!

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif you and me both Riz, my R32 was the first car I'd insured on my own named policy - all cars previous to that were either named on parents isurance or company cars. Luckily I managed to get Admiral to accept some company NCB to keep my first years R32 premium under £2k 169144-ok.gif

grin.gif I should have taxed and insured a shed to run around in whilst at uni, then I have max NCB by now !

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif you and me both Riz, my R32 was the first car I'd insured on my own named policy - all cars previous to that were either named on parents isurance or company cars. Luckily I managed to get Admiral to accept some company NCB to keep my first years R32 premium under £2k 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ] jump.gif Yes the way i see it there are always people who pay more.... i think when the R32 first came out Bison was paying £2200 and he`s obviously older than me and had NCB`s.... grin.gif

Also wasnt the R32 in Group 20 for a while? when they planned only to bring 750 R32`s into the UK?

Riz 169144-ok.gif

definately sounds like the expensive way to do it, but you've run some tasty motors!

i've done it the cheaper route. ran a 1 litre polo from age 17 to 22 (from 20 on my own policy) and have now had a Pug 306 TD for the last 2 1/2 years so my NCB is 5 years +. seems to make a big difference and its also worth protecting them (NCBs) at little extra cost.

One other thing, some insurers (as you will no doubt know) request trackers are fitted to certain cars. i haven't come accross one yet, but did add a tracker to a couple of quotes on line and they made about 100 squids difference. not much considering you are spending about 750 quid on a good tracker with lifetime tracking! bizarre, but I suppose its more about getting your car back if its nicked, but at the end of the day, who would want it back after the tw*ts ragged to shi*e out of it!!! sportifs2.gif

tim 169144-ok.gif