[Audi A3/S3] RS3 to be 350bhp!!

Dave

Just found this on Audi's corporate site!!

----------------

The new Audi A3 will offer five new engines, three petrol & two diesel, including tax busting 2.0 ltr fsi. and Euro4 2.0ltr tdi. Audi plan a 280ps v6 S3, to be followed by a blistering 350ps twin turbo RS3 Model

---------------------

The site is here Audi Corportae sales

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jump.gif I was up at my local dealers last Saturday and was talking to the guys up there about the RS3. They agreed about 2005 and somewhere around £30k. Didn't put a deposit down just yet but who knows. I'm also wondering where there gonna price the S3??? beerchug.gif

Guys, you really know how to make my day!

...punk! hehe (Dirty Harry)

Huh, my S3 will by then be 4 years old (exactly the right time to change the car) and .....

It will be interesting though if the Porsche rumors are true.

Here's a pic, but who knows if that's true:

post-372-137914242175_thumb.jpg

Just spoke to the top bloke for the Derby and Sheffield dealers (does all the ordering etc), he has taken my details and said that he`s building up a list and more nearer the time will ring everyone on the list to see if they are still intrested or not? so he didnt ask for a deposit??? confused.gif

I think the RS3 will be based on the 3.2 V6 with 350bhp and between 400 - 500Nm, 0-62 should be under the 5second mark with a limited topspeed of 155mph smile.gif

Lets hope the price doesnt go to far over £30,000 otherwise it`ll be hard to buy for me frown.gif

New S3 should be around £25 so 5k more for the RS3 seems ok then add 5k of options, total 35k!

Might just do it! dunno about insurance or running costs, lol jump.gif

Riz, don't be dissapointed if the S3 does top £30,000. The standard TT with 3.2 V6 is £30,000 already so the RS3 has got to be at least £33,000 because you are getting loads more gear and power for the money!

And for those idiots who say 'I'm not paying over £30,000 for a fancy hot hatch!' - your loss. tongue.gif

I would think that the new S3 will be less than the TT, just a trend which accured with the current TT 225 and S3! ermmmmm im hoping for a price tag of no more than £35,000 with a release date in 2006. dont mind paying 35k for the RS3 and i would think that it`ll be fully loaded like the RS6, Satnav+ with Tv as standard etc jump.gif