Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UBM

The 50 mpg club

482 posts in this topic

If you drop it to 70, and no more, you'll be closer to 60 I should think. Damned hard to stay below 70 with the tdi 130, innit? grin.gif

filled up with optimax last week as i was going on a 60 mile round trip and at one point got my DIS showing 620 mile range, but so boring in a 1.8t

My old Corolla does 60 MPG on the daily run from Selby to Bradford (170K on the clock too).

if i zero the mpg on the motorway it steadies at 58.

usual from home to work [mainly motorway] now 51.7

my "mpg 2" over the past 610 miles is 50.2

on my last trip of 260km (161miles) i got 10ltr per

100km avg (31miles per gallon) am i in the club??

5.7ltr Holden Calais (NZ)

I made it.... Did a trip to Kent and Back, as well as a couple of commutes. And managed to get 52.6mpg average!

Wahey! Bloody uninteresting, isn't it, driving like a granny, but I bet you didn't get any speeding tickets, and not much later getting there either. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Wahey! Bloody uninteresting, isn't it, driving like a granny, but I bet you didn't get any speeding tickets, and not much later getting there either. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Its funny you should say that. I've recently knocked 10mph off my cruising speed driving to work, it probably adds 2-3 minutes to my 40 minute commute, im less stressed, and i get 50-75 more miles from a tank. 169144-ok.gif

Permission to join again from next saturday sekret.gif

So you are getting a family diesel daily driver to keep the miles down on the Audi and keep her away from Tesco car parking battles?

Ian C

Lol. Struggle to get to the point sometimes I admit... iamwithstupid.gif

Ian C

She had the choice - a 180 BHP Golf Anniversary GTI Turbo or a 150 BHP Golf GT TDI and the sooty won. We take delivery on Saturday so we'll keep you posted on our re-application to the club!

You managed to get the wife into a soot farter? Where'd you buy all that Vaseline? grin.gif I seem to remember reading one of your posts which said she'd never have a diesel. Or was it someone else?

Dunno why some people dont like soot chuckers, my mother didnt like them till i got one and told her i still get double figers at over 90mph lol then she started her search but could find one she liked so got a volvo S60 2.0T insted and now i got an A6 2.5TDI she wants one of them now laugh.gif

It was me - amazing what test drives do!

had my 2.0tdi dsg s-line since 28th Feb covered 4500 miles just had 52 over 240 miles of motorway and city centre commute and 54 average next day same sort of journey. All Ive done is started backing off the gas just a bit .... not getting up the ......rse of the bloke in front. The reseult less stress and 550 miles on the last tankfull. Am I a member ?????????

With these recent additions, we do occasional spot checks so get your cameras ready on that DIS..... 169144-ok.gif

Obviously only on motorways but thats most of the time anyway. It drops of on urban use