Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UBM

The 50 mpg club

482 posts in this topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Rules have changed dont forget, its not just a single driving Miss daisy style trip. You need to do it over a month, mileage immaterial.

[/ QUOTE ]

You reading this UBM? tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

awwww...

Measured economy - 45L of diesel added and 460 miles on the odometer (but 30 before I picked it up). Total about 490 miles from 45L which is about 11 miles/L or about 49mpg...

Not good enough! tongue.gif

How many miles has your demo' done? I guess your PD 140 may well have more to come!

Ian

I know, I know. DIS is showing 680 miles from this 70L tank. Still not there - I'll see how it goes - right foot heacy at the moment! ECLIPSe.gif

Heres how you do it.

1. Find a fecking huge hill

2. Drive down said hill with car in gear, all non essential items switched off.

3. Get your membership back 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Heres how you do it.

1. Find a fecking huge hill

[/ QUOTE ]

The clue was in the instructions the_finger.gif

Either that or let my missus drive it, she achieves impossible mpg from any car beerchug.gif

Over a month, not just 1 tank.. play by the rules ladies tongue.gif

I'm on 48.1 and 2nd tank frown.gif

Don't think I can make it....my foot keeps pressing down!

Calculation is from a 70L tank it has 0 miles to go with a reserve of 5L. So, 65L of fuel would have been burned. For an average of 50mpg, 65L (at 4.54L per gallon) is 14.32 gallons, so Ineed to do 715.85 miles. I think I might actually be close! 169144-ok.gif

Fill your car to the brim, and record the mileage.

Then refill to the brim, and record the mileage, and quantity.

In previous cars I found my DIS was as much as 10% optimistic!!!

A manual calcualation is more accurate.

Last tank for me was 50.7 mpg 169144-ok.gif

Dansky, I always do it this way! Much more accurate. like I said last time I was getting exactly 10 miles per litre, which is 45.4 mpg!

I tried it on the way home from picking up the A6 avant and I just couldn't do it, I got from Matlock to Kings Lynn with 48.6mpg on the dis, and then got bored and floored it for the last 50 miles knocking 4.1mpg off the figure.

That was one journey, no way I am going to be able to do it for a month!

Getting naff mileage out of mine (A4 Avant TDI130) and i've not even been booting it frown.gif

I've not got DIS on mine (SHOCK!!!!!!!) so i had to work it out manually and it came up at 40MPG frown.gif I'll have to start booting the missus and kids out soon in order to save some weight and hopefully i might get near to membership figures smile.gif

Last tank for me avg 36mpg.... hammering from Bristol to J17 M4 then up the Fosseway to Lincoln and back.

Glad there aren't too many scameras in that neck of the woods sekret.gif

Newly arrived and heavily thrashed Volvo D5 (185bhp model) is giving me 41 mpg, which I reckon is great.

Just noticed today almost everywhere the petrol price was either the same or more than the diesel price. grin.gif

51.4 mpg yesterday on a trip to Saffron Walden and back...

...in the missus golf GT TDI - it's a soot chucker and I was driving, so I qualify again right?

Teesside to cornwall,round cornwall and back to teesside. 1100 miles 88 litres of fuel =57mpg

[ QUOTE ]

Teesside to cornwall,round cornwall and back to teesside. 1100 miles 88 litres of fuel =57mpg

[/ QUOTE ] notworthy.gifjump.gif

Im getting fantastic MPG at the moment. Admittedly its because my tractor is spending most of its time on the back of an AA van smashfreakB.gif

I've had 70mpg+ from my Golf Tdi130 2002 before.

It 'twas a summers afternoon driving home from work on a Friday. It was one of those days when the right music was on the radio and the smell of jasmine was in the air.

Distance about 18miles made up of about 15 dual carriageway and the rest in town.

However, reading through all 15 pages, I see I have to average out a month. Tomorrow I will check what the odometer says for the last 20000 miles I've done.

Although if it's good enough I just worked out I did about 52mpg on the last tank on average. 535 miles off about 45 litres.