Just ordered my GTI

Chins

Back in the VAG household and trying to keep up with Gareth, Barry is too far ahead.

Placed my order an hour ago, pick up on Saturday

Went for Tornado Red with Leather. Was going to go for cloth & 18's, but Trade advised against Cloth. Suprised how many cars are out there still for immediate delivery.

Jonathan

jump.gif

What's the full spec Jonathan??

You are right about the cars out there...but they are mostly 5dr's or demo cars at list price...er no thanks iamwithstupid.gif

However people are buying up cars with any spec just to get one...my dealer has a Sliver 5 dr with just an arm rest fitted and sold it at list after 2 days in the showroom 169144-ok.gif

Talk soon M8 ECLIPSe.gif

5 Door, Leather and 6 CD. Almost went for the Sat Nav and Black instead - close run thing.

Also a little concerned about the Leather after my R32, but it seems the trade require Leather on them today. Always associated Leather with the highline VR6 and cloth with the GTI - seems times are changing. Still with two kids, they are free to throw up.

Red is also new for me. Never been a huge fan, but this car seems to scream for it, strange as a normal MKV in red does nothing for me.

Jonathan

i ve ordered cloth, after the reviews in all the mags on how good it looked and wanting to keep the car like the originals i went for it. All the dealers had leather in their cars which looked good but today i saw the cloth for the first time at my local dealer and it looked great.

Don't know if all u know this but the car should be run on super unleaded to get max performance from it fekr.gif

Bit gutted because im going to do about 30000 each year in mine and its difficult to find super out here in the sticks! smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Don't know if all u know this but the car should be run on super unleaded to get max performance from it fekr.gif

Bit gutted because im going to do about 30000 each year in mine and its difficult to find super out here in the sticks! smashfreakB.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the same as my RS6.. of course it does run on standard but they reccommended that every 4th tank be super. To be honest, I ran super all the time (+ an additive) and it went like stink. I also got more mpg with super, but to be honest.. in day to day driving I'm not sure how much difference you really see.

Says 95 Ron (standard unleaded) in brochure but salesman also said super unleaded to me. Also said that they went to track day and most people were saying the ave mpg was 20-22.

Ordered on sat 15th and ordered Tornado Red, 18", DSG (with paddles) and Leather. Never got to test drive a GTi DSG but my other half has the A3 s-line and liked the experience with that. Also got a deal with my trade-in to soften the blow.

Worst thing is not got a build date yet but dealers estimate is April/May!!!! Might have to go into hibernation or something as the wait is allready killing me.

I like the sound of the DSG but was slightly surprised that all the dealers i contacted had only manual demos. Ive driven the dsg on a 3.2 TT and thought it was one of the best auto's going. As for waiting for cars my, dealers told me early March but now it might be late march or early April .

I ve chosen everything on the spec except leather,dsg and folding wing mirrors have to say that if u have not seen the cloth interior yet try finding a dealer that has a car with it. Most dealers have specced their cars with leather but the cloth really suits the GTI. shtf.gif