AMD fast out the blocks

N3WOB

no way can you gain 40-50BHP from the stock turbo, i doubt it!

i mean the Ibiza comes as 156BHP standard, Jabba remap will just about bring it too 200bhp maybe. and from experience and seeing AMD's stuff i think they are always very conservative with their cars. Still a great tuning company though.

prove me wrong! smile.gif and i warming to the new Golf GTI as well! DOH!

[ QUOTE ]

i mean the Ibiza comes as 156BHP standard, Jabba remap will just about bring it too 200bhp maybe

[/ QUOTE ] Those figures give a 25% increase from a remap.

Apply that calculation to the 200 bhp gti engine and it'll give 250 bhp, or close enough as makes no difference. No one knows yet how much slack there is in the new engine to release, so who knows, they could possibly do it. And look at it this way, if AMD with conservative remaps can get 250 bhp, how will Jabba make out if they usually out-do AMD's offering. Up to 265 maybe? I'd not like to cope with the torque steer on that beast.

Which brings up another question, will there be a 4motion version in the future? Wooooo-hooooo! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

no way can you gain 40-50BHP from the stock turbo, i doubt it!

i mean the Ibiza comes as 156BHP standard, Jabba remap will just about bring it too 200bhp maybe. and from experience and seeing AMD's stuff i think they are always very conservative with their cars. Still a great tuning company though.

prove me wrong! smile.gif and i warming to the new Golf GTI as well! DOH!

[/ QUOTE ]

An S3 is 210bhp std and can go to 265 with a simple chip, and thats only got a 1.8 litre engine.

Your argument depends to an extent on the size of the Turbo and how hard its being worked and the ability of the intercooler etc. Most tuners for this 2.0TFSI engine are getting a minimum 40bhp and these are TUV. Oettinger, ABT etc.

The real issue is how much power can a FWD car cope with?

Jonathan

I had a right good look at mine yesterday - Well the only thing is though is that this engine is totally different to the old 1.8T it is alot more complicated and actually uses a lot of technology originally only found in the latest diesels such as common rail high pressure fuel injection. For instance the DV valve is electronic!! Weird!!! If it's dry I may take it to bits some more tomorrow!!

I get my MK5 GTI early march, it is booked into AMD already & if you call them they have a list of upgrades available:

Sportec 18" & 19" wheels

Miltek exhaust system

Lowering springs

Coil over kits

Re-map

Porsche front brake conversion

Vented rear disk conversion

Me like those Sportec alloys... notworthy.gif

Not sure from the pic if they are 18's or 19's though...what do you think guys?

I'm going to talk to my AmD and Milltek contact tomorrow to see what he reckons on the mods to go for, or to avoid. Wheels and exhaust for definate I think...maybe re-map...

So big boy, do you think the car can handle wet weather and 245bhp?

I have my expert opinion, but need to bow to your superior driving skills. Mine have not been honed doing the school run in an X5. How do you parallel park, wearing shades, with tinted windows, the phone to your ear and playing with your tool?

Jonathan

Not sure really. Need to try out the AmD demo car for decide if 245bhp will ruin it, or make it. Can't stand FWD cars that torque steer all over the place so if that sort of power ruins the handling then it's a 'no' for me. Would still look at the Milltek only option, and forgo the remap maybe.

Don't put your own modest skills down...I'm sure you'll be fine with just 200bhp to push the 5dr family space wagon along... notworthy.gif

Have you actually driven a X5 or just obsessed with the image the_finger.gif