Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
N3WOB

AMD fast out the blocks

38 posts in this topic

Tried to while I was there but was advised it was still under development?!

Took AMD's GTI out for a spin yesterday, its running just over 250bhp, it pulls a lot better than the standard car & has no more torque steer.

Could you help us all by elaborating on your experience please? Would be much appreciated 169144-ok.gif

Yeah you can't leave it like that, we're panting here fekr.gif

And how much?

N3WOB

I'm sure I read that the RS3 has been shelved which is a shame. Be interesting to see if they do a new shape S3.

The Geneva show is coming up. If something does'nt turn up at that (new R32 and S3 etc) I think these new models are unlikely to be available in the UK until the end of 2006. This would be great for R32 values in my opinion.

Only took it for a short drive, they are still working on the mapping. It is a lot more responsive than a standard GTi, in second gear you can get the EPC to kick in which i have not managed to do in a standard car plus it is fitted with 19"s & lowered suspension which should help grip.

Ref. the cost i think it will be approx the same as most AND remaps £550 + vat.

AMDs car was also fitted with a Milltek exhaust system, this gives the car a more sporty sound & more power.

I am taking it out again in 2 weeks, by then it will be running the final mapping & hopefully have the Porsche brakes fitted.

Think Colin_M had the inside track on this, a new S3 will be next with a 3.2T pushing 320bhp IIRC

[ QUOTE ]

Sounds good - presumably 4WD (Haldex)?

[/ QUOTE ]Yes i would imagine so...

Riz laugh.gif

Anyone know the service intervals on the GTI and how soon after run-in it would be advisable to have the remap?

Think the service intervals will be variable or 10K/1year fixed depending on how your stealer sets up your car.

You can have your car remaped straight away buts its worth putting some miles on it first, im going to run mine in for 1k before its remaped.

Interested to see what the outcome of the AmD work is as I'll be chomping at the bit to get the Sportback remapped when it arrives. Gonna miss my 270hp but not the wheelspin wink.gif