RS4 & RS6 at Santa Pod

Botang

Went up to Santa Pod yesterday with a few friends for the Run What Ya Brung. I was pleased to see an RS6 Saloon and an RS4 avant in the queue.

The RS6 was doing well, think he managed a 12.9 at one point although I suspect it may have been modified a bit.

The RS4 suffered, I have it on film pouring smoke out of it as it went up the strip. Not sure if it was water, oil or even clutch, but it ended up parked up at the top of the strip with the bonnet open for the rest of the day shocked.gif

Any thoughts on why the RS 6 might me modified? Do you know something, or is that based on performance? 12.9 is pretty good for an automatic barge weighing almost two tonnes!

The poor RS 4 owner. I think most RS models are destined to end up that way, thier very nature doesn't mean they will often get an easy life.

Silver, didnt like to stop to find out what was wrong but I have watched it on the video and the smoke seems to be coming from the front half of the car, not the exhaust, it may have been a water hose or something similar, but as far as I know they didnt have to clean up the track which makes me think it would be clutch.

As far as the RS6 goes, it just looked awesome, I felt the time seemed quite quick for standard. With a Reg like that someone most know the car. (V8 ***)

Every time barrier is difficult to break on the strip, to go from a 12.9 to 11.9 for example would take a huge increase in power. I wish you the best of luck Paul as that would be a massive achievement. If you ever go up Santa Pod could you pm me I'd love to see it.

[ QUOTE ]

Every time barrier is difficult to break on the strip, to go from a 12.9 to 11.9 for example would take a huge increase in power. I wish you the best of luck Paul as that would be a massive achievement. If you ever go up Santa Pod could you pm me I'd love to see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The work thats pending on the Beast, would give rise to an overall power increase to around 550BHP & the torque should just exceed 500lbsft, with the weight dropping by about 60-80KG, but the more important part will be the way the engine & gearbox actually perform & behave at higher speeds. The results we're expecting should allow the car to break into the very high 11's, but as my Drag Strip experiance is limited, it may take a few attempts due to driver error wink.gif

Its not guaranteed to produce these results, just expected. I'll get a better idea on her first proper outing at Castle Combe next month laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

When a McLaren F1 does a 1/4 mile run in 11.1 seconds The RS6's achievements are amazing .

[/ QUOTE ]

The SL65 can do it in 11.6!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but you'd have a spot of bother getting any more than a packet of corn flakes in the SL smirk.gif The RS on the other hand............. wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

an extra 50-70bhp will not reduce a 1/4 mile time by half a second, no chance!

[/ QUOTE ]

All depends on the weight of the car and how much extra torque is produced with the extra bhp!

My mate knocked a second from his time with only 35bhp extra.The torque figure was up by 40lb/ft and the car weighs under 800kg's,so it can be done! 169144-ok.gif

• 1 month later...