Mk 5 GTI Sat nav

Gareth

Just collected our Mk 5 GTI today and it's fitted with Sat nav.

As I'm driving home from the dealer I think "let's have a play with the sat nav..." Press "navi" button and it comes up with the prompt to put a disc in...that I don't have sportifs2.gif

Call the dealer and then 10 mins later he calls me back to say that it's not included and -wait for it- to have a disc is another £117.50- plus VAT shtf.gif

So spend £1,665 on sat nav and you don't even get the sodding disc...VW UK are having a laugh iamwithstupid.gif

Am waiting for the dealer to locate a spare disc for me now...and no I'm not paying for it the_finger.gif

It's bad enough it's only CD rom based (out with the ark) and not DVD based like Audi/BMW and Lexus for example... rafwings.gif

Gareth,

I had the same with my R32. I have to wait a couple to days for the disk. But they did not charge me for it . They took a couple of minutes to find one of their staff who understood German as it was asking for prompts in German at first.

Once installed it is very good. The disk is just a "teleatlas" cd with a VW cover on it . Check to ensure that you get an upto date one.

Not sure about the GTI but my Sat Nav came with another small size manual. If this is not included with your main manual then ask for it as they will probably forget.

[ QUOTE ]

Glad I never bothered with it. It seeemed overly priced for a cd based system when compared to audis dvd system.

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't have a choice in my case i'm afraid. Wonder when the DVD based Audi system will find it's way into the VW side of the family... sportifs2.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I have a great idea for your next career move. Need 40% of the shares before I reveal all though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, you can't afford my shares in my soon to be launched "Car Customer Excellence" company... sekret.gif

VC's are waving their cheque books at me now...gotta go Jonathan ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Gareth,

I had the same with my R32. I have to wait a couple to days for the disk. But they did not charge me for it . They took a couple of minutes to find one of their staff who understood German as it was asking for prompts in German at first.

Once installed it is very good. The disk is just a "teleatlas" cd with a VW cover on it . Check to ensure that you get an upto date one.

Not sure about the GTI but my Sat Nav came with another small size manual. If this is not included with your main manual then ask for it as they will probably forget.

[/ QUOTE ]

I imported my R32, got £1000 of the 2.5k asking price for the sat nav and got the disc. Of course it didnt work, but i got a spare!

• 1 month later...