idiot in an a4

LupoBabe

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well its like this - I was thinking the other day that I got these lights that seem to cost extra with most cars - but I didnt remember ever using them - never been out with visibility that low - so I thought what the hell, I'll use them all the time and use my new Burberry baseball cap as well while I'm at it.

grin.gif

u'd of recognised my car mister chris surely! tongue.gif

its a joke... and they looked STUPID... he came tearing up behind me in the outside lane... i cldnt go anywhere as i was in a que... and as soon as we started gettin somewhere he seemed to get left behind... what is the POINT...

i mean i thought fog lights were to help you see in the fog?! and the rear ones were to help other drivers see YOU in the FOG...

i cant stand people with fog lights on when its raining heavy because they blur and make it harder to see!!!

I know foglights have always been used by chavs who seem to think it makes their car look cool... wtf?? how?? sportifs2.gif

But it now seems to be that half the cars I see on the roads have them on all the time. What's happening out there?

I genuinely think I've missed something i.e. is it a new fashion or something?

Whatever it is, the sooner Plod start regularly nicking people for it the better. They've got time to hide with speed camera's etc, so surely they could be pulling people for this offence ?

[ QUOTE ]

on the m1 at 10.40am on the 26th january...with his fog lights on! i just don't get it!! WHY?! its blumin sunny outside!!! SAUER0421.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with you all the way....BUT to him it's an A4 with a 2.0 Litre engine BUT with the FOGS ON, he feels like he's driving the full V8 S4 model with all that grunt .... yelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

i cant stand people with fog lights on when its raining heavy because they blur and make it harder to see!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Got to fess up.. i drive with fogs on when it is raining heavy.. my thinking for this (rightly or wrongly) is that when it rains heavy roads seem to fog up.. so having the fogs on makes sure people can see me both in front and behind! 169144-ok.gif

but its harder to see u with your lights on in the rain because it reflects on all the little droplets... so we cant tell how far away you are...

or what your doing...

and fog is different to rain...

sorry just my own view... really p*sses me off when i see people with their fogs on and its p*ssing cats and dogs... just seems to make things twice as hard...?

[ QUOTE ]

Roops...well done...think you got the message then eh!! 169144-ok.gif Spread to word to all your mates and everyone else you know that uses their fogs dangerously and illegally. znaika.gif TP.

[/ QUOTE ]

hate to play devils advocate...but... Im sure it aint only me on TSN whos used fog lights when there wasnt any 'fog' around?

As for the comments dangerously and illegaly.. Im sure 99% of the members here would have driven Dangerously and Illegaly.. (its done everytime you exceed 70mph!!) EEK2.GIF

having said that..

cheque please!!! grin.gif

Technically Fog lights are not just for fog, highway code states:

"You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves (see Rule 211)."

Which does not exclude them for use in heavy rain or snow when visibility is reduced.