Alpine vs Blaupunkt

Finally installed the Alpine at the weekend.....forgot just how good my car stereo could sound......don't think i'll stray from alpine again......

Mental note, anyone needing a new stereo, the Alpine 7893 does MP3, CD, is DAB ready, and can be got for £239.....you'd be mad not to!

Good choice mate,

I put my 7893 in my A3 late last year and don't think I will use any other now.. I like the whole Alpine thing and the sound is quality!

One thing though, sometimes I feel the treble is a bit overpowering even though the setting is on 1-2

I know to get it sounding sweet you have to do a bit of "tweaking"

what do you reccommend changing to get the sound perfect, there is so much to tamper with I don't know where to start...

Cheers

Neal.

Neal.........if you using 4 speakers, i can completely recommend setting up the time alignment stuff..

A tune i used was "murder was the case - Snoop Doggy Dog", at the beginning it has a helicopter sound, that goes left to right (without time alignment), but with the time alignment on, the 'copter actually flies around your head.....you don't notice much on most tracks, but just ocassionally it really improves a tune.

yeah, I knew the time correction would make a lot of difference, but I couldn't find a way of setting it up right ie. finding the right sort of music to allow to adjust it with, and what to adjust.... the seperate front and rear left/right timing and the bass timings.... smashfreakB.gif

i might try that song and see how it goes... there is so bloody much you can change...!!! was playing with the high and low pass filters with my sub... I think i have it sounding better...

Cheers

Neal.