M3 on M25 tonight(29th Jan) towards M11,

wrightyrs

Well you may as well say.

Why are you anticipating that response?

The performance differential is huge. So you can understand why anyone might have a question about it - but for all we know it could have been a twisty section where driver capability came into it, your car could be very highly modified etc...so come on at at least tell us please. 169144-ok.gif

I've seen a Jabba'd Octavia piss on, pass and pull away from an EVO 6 on track so anything's possible! I then sat in it as a helpless E30 M3 was waved aside and dismissed.

Not too much in it between a chipped S3 and an M3 (in fact S3 will win if the M3 fella gets complacent) so who knows... confused.gif

Edit - I would not for a second believe that any of my Octavia story was possible until I saw it. Bison said it was nowhere near as easy to pass as he expected - and he was in the TREV!!! ECLIPSe.gif

The only other reason I asked is because his car MUST be modified.

Why? Because when we had our Octavia TDi the dealership gave me a vRS for the day.

I drove home behind my wife (in my old M3 Coupe) in it.

I told her I wanted to see what it could do.

She, in my car, left me miles behind and very quickly too.

There was simply no comparison - so this must be a modded car and my question to him was very genuinely out of interest as to what he has done to it.

Standard form difference is collosal, no matter what anyone says about modifications.

138bhp per tonne to 217bhp per tonne

Gearing, blah blah possibly for a second or two if caught at the right point in the powerband.

But, as I say, I've had personal experience of this car versus my own M3 (and in best position with me driving the vRS surely that is a very fair comparison!) and there was nothing to even remotely compare the two.

I just want to know what he has done to it!

well it was on the M25 so no twisty sections,and yes we we're making very brisk progress after pulling onto M25 at South Mimms to J26 where he pulled off.

Accelerating from 90-130 i will say that he wasn't pulling away from me,the back of his car was squatting so i would say that he was trying,obviously i was trying pretty hard(ok really hard!!!)in mine.

i'm not saying that mine is quicker than am M3,far from it i love M3's but was very pleased with how my car performed.

[ QUOTE ]

Is your car modified in any way?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Silver Octavia vRS,Jabbasport re-map+Boost Controller,Jabbasport Spec FMIC,BlueFlame DP 100CEL Cat,Milltek CAT Back System,Carbonio CAI,Bailey DV,Samco TIP,Neuspeed ARB's F(25mm)+R(28mm Adjustable),S3 Strut Braces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems standard enough to me?!

jump.gif

If it isn't modded in any way then I'm sorry to say he wasn't trying properly at all.

Honestly, I've thrashed the life out of a vRS behind my own M3 and I can say it without any reason other than stating the facts.

I'd suggest he was in Sixth. Thats not being funny either - he would appear to be accelerating hard - but if he had gone done to fourth or fifth thats when you'd have seen the real difference.

The speeds you describe make it even more obvious, behind beyond 100mph the M3 would show a very clean pair of heels very rapidly indeed. Its through the range pull at any speed is part of the reason people buy it. It doesn't stop. Not like a CSL I grant you, but the vRS was nothing like it in my experience (and the vRS was a good car that I was impressed with, particularly 2nd and 3rd gear).

yep have spent a bit of money on it,if you read my signature thats whats been done so far,new turbo is on the cards next,should take power to hopefully 300bhp.

ok being front wheel drive it struggles for traction at times and you get a bit of torque steer but it all makes for a fun drive,and all in all i've only spent including buying the car £17K so bit of a bargin really.

Ah you see that makes it very believeable then!

That's more like 193 bhp per tonne versus the 217 bhp of the M3.

I can understand it now - that will be a seriously impressive performing car (and very frightening for M3 owners if you do the turbo upgrade too!).

So, if you continue, keep away from me because I don't want to experience that! wink.gif

Do you get any driveability issues? Surely what amounts to an almost 50% increase in power must be taking its toll?

Very interested to know - and is the car visibly any different from a standard vRS? Oh, and what colour is it....just so I can avoid you... wink.gifgrin.gif

get a bit of torque steer,and it does struggle for traction at lower speed when i'm pushing on but am having another lower strut brace made at the moment which is suppose to remove the worst of it.

Mines Silver and the windows have a light tint,also has a private number plate on starting B2 ***.

am looking forward to the bigger turbo,gonna get a Hybrid so hopefully the turbo lag won't be to long.

am looking forward to meeting up with some more of the Tyresmoke.net members this summer.

thanks for your interest M3Me....

Yes Mollox,thats the one on the top of my list but have found another company that modify's the K03s with K04 internals,can't remember what parts but it works out cheaper than going the Jabbasport route as this bolts straight onto the existing manifold.

and yes frequent www.Briskoda.net to much!!!!!!

will be pricing it all up to work out the best route to go,will keep you all upto date with my progress.

As said already at the moment i've spent including buying the car £17.5K so with the new turbo+new re-map it will be £18.5K.

if i go the Jabbasport route(IHI Turbo etc)it will probably work out at near £19.5K.

its alot of money to spend on a car but its a car which people look down their noses at due to the badge and previous reputation.

which i have to admit i love as its different and the look shocked.gif on some of the drivers of other makes faces when they can't get past or are left behind by a "SKODA" is fantastic. 169144-ok.gif

Its good to be different!!!!!

jump.gif