GTI - What Spec?

Pureguilt

I am just specing up my GTI and was wondering what options would be regarded as essential?

I like the idea of leather, xenon, winter pack but I am struggling with the Nav system as I understand that is CD based and not DVD. Has anyone tried the CD based system?

Should I consider the wheel upgrade also?

[ QUOTE ]

Get the car in white, very retro and looks awesome with the 18 Monza 2 wheels!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the idea of a GTI in white too. The promotional pics look great!

I'd be too worried about the resale value of a white one though. Virtually any car in white suffers terribly on secondhand prices - maybe things will change though?

[ QUOTE ]

Think there was also talk of Recaros coming in as an option later in the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not Recaro as standard? shocked.gif

If I were buying one (and I wish I could afford to buy one after the Oulton Park thrash, believe me!) then it'd be with xenons (got to have xenons grin.gif), larger alloys and sound system upgrade. Probably the Winter pack too if money weren't an issue. The manual shifter is a joy so I'd not worry about speccing DSG. Torn between black or steel grey though... not to worry, I can't afford one for a couple of years yet ROLLEY~14.GIF

Si,

The Polo GTI seats are not recaro's....only the Polo Colour concept had them fitted.

I think the standard Golf GTI seats are nice and looking at silver 5 door GTI in my local dealers this morning it was trimmed with leather, so I jumped in, they were really comfortable and the smell of the leather overwhelming, not like my wifes Polo or my R32 which had no distinctive leather smell at all... UHOH7.GIF

On the wheel front you could alwys save your money and buy some after market wheels. BBS or something else that is still classy. Have you seen the pic on AMD's web site. they have fitted the Sportec's. look good to me.

I have seen a steel grey (or whatever it is) on the autotrader and I really liked that colour. Either way will be a nice amotor 169144-ok.gif

For what it's worth here's my 2p's worth...

Leather - I like it but if I was speccing a car from scratch I'd go for the Cloth. For resale the new mk5 will still sell better leather as that is what buyers expect for a £20-25k car these days

Sat nav - tough call really. Works ok and has some very useful functions...a bit slow and is just not as good looking as the Audi/BMW DVD option. If you want to save some money not having sat nav might be a way to go...

18's v 17's - try both and see both, just my opinion ECLIPSe.gif

Colour - For once a car that looks great in white or red and people will specifically want those colours. The more muted metallics are a little dull IMO, especially in the 5dr.

Xenons - 100% worth it, are superb lights beerchug.gif