GTI - What Spec?

Pureguilt

Noticed that the UK spec has no hand controls on the steering wheel (phone & stereo) and the tint from B pillar back is not an option here either. There is talk of a new DVD based Sat Nav system with DSP (Blaupunkt) and I am still to see the DSG system with paddle shift? Looks like it may be worth a 12 month wait and then buy a ful spec GTi next year? 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks - The Nav has no TV option so looks dated and expensive for what it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does have an aux A/V input though, so you could use that to input the feed from a tv tuner and/or DVD player in the boot and for a lot cheaper than VW would probably charge for the option (BMW charge £600-700 extra for the TV option on top of Nav)

I intend to do this but as my car isn't arriving 'til July it's going to be Aug before I do it, so no doubt someone else will have done it first

Sorry I missed your question about the Wheel upgrade to 18". I was a bit nervous, about ordering these, in case they impaired the ride quality, but I have taken the plunge, based upon the following: Review in Top Gear - "We'd recommend the big wheels (they look so good)"

A couple of test drive reviews have mentioned that the 18" whels were OK. In my test drive on the 17" wheels, I did notice quite a lot of road noise, so I guess the 18" wheels won't make that much difference. Last point - The 18" upgrade was originaly £995 approx - can't resist a bargain, especially as I am geting ripped-off for £500 + for the steering wheel paddles