NEW Porsche 911 Carrera 4S

NewNiceMrMe

NK54 A**

In front of the taxi I was in as we pulled away from Newcastle Central railway station tonight.

Looked nice - but it was in silver and a bit grubby so it wasn't stunning. Knew it was the new model because of the quad pipes.

Nice - but not spectacular. Sounded nice, but I think he was either not used to it or posing - because he over-revved something dreadful at the lights (definately a manual).

Taxi driver said "Pah, my Mondeo TDi is as quick as one of those you know".

I sat in silence. A comment like that really doesn't merit a response (other then 'dickhead' as I was thinking).

[ QUOTE ]

NK54 A**

Looked nice - but it was in silver and a bit grubby so it wasn't stunning. Knew it was the new model because of the quad pipes

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesnt mean its a 997 and also the 4S is yet to be released! At the mo the only models available are the C2 and the C2S, they are taking orders for the cab version now tho 169144-ok.gif

Utter bollocks Lagoo! That ain't a standard system as well you know.

I know what I saw. It was a 997 - 911 - badged Carrera 4S.

10,000,000,000,000%

Silver, Newcastle Upon Tyne, heading away from Central Station.

Four quad round pipes, standard - match up perfectly to the pics of the 997 911 on their website.

[ QUOTE ]

Utter goldylocks Lagoo! That ain't a standard system as well you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

The exhaust on that 996 is the optional Sports system, supplied & fitted by Porsche.

Take a look at Porsche's home web site (ie the German one). Here's a linky to the C4S's own page. I think you'll find it's a 996 & <u>not</u> the new 997.

slap.gif

BTW - the 997 Carrera S is wide like the C4S, and from a distance it could be mistaken for the C4s, but it isn't out yet. I made the mistake once too, HERE!

I am clearly wasting my time.

I know what I saw and it was not a 996.

But, you all know better, you were obviously in the taxi too.

Oh, and since when has bollocks being a word not to use for fear of justice recrimination on TSN?

Bollocks.

How do you know it wasn't a press car? I don't know.

But I know what I saw.

I'll leave you to slag the sighting off that you never saw, yet again. SLEEP5.GIF

The 997 C4S will not bless our shores for a while..next summer I hear..It hasn't even been seen at a Motor show nor a German Car mag which is usually first to expose these cars... I think some funny bugger has put a C4S badge on a C2S..a bit tacky really...

Talk is that the C4 and C4S won't be gracing our tarmac till 2006... But I reckon they'll show it at the Frankfurt show this September and we'll see them on our roads in November..If i'm wrong then...add a year... 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I am clearly wasting my time.

I know what I saw and it was not a 996.

But, you all know better, you were obviously in the taxi too.

Oh, and since when has goldylocks being a word not to use for fear of justice recrimination on TSN?

Goldylocks.

How do you know it wasn't a press car? I don't know.

But I know what I saw.

I'll leave you to slag the sighting off that you never saw, yet again. SLEEP5.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

MEme, stop being such a sanctimonious twat and at least admit that what you have posted must be wrong somewhere! Ok, so you either did spot a 997, but it was re-badged by some eejit, or you mis-took a 996 C4S for a 997.

But please at least admit that a 997 C4S does not exist yet. My honest opinion is that it was a 996, just by the fact that it had the sports exhaust on it. But then I wasn't there and am probably wrong.

<font color="#666666"> In your tiny little mind. ROLLEY~14.GIF </font>

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not starting anything - I just said what I saw and that I don't like being referred to as above.

If I was wrong then I was wrong and maybe that will close this as I have no interest in taking part in any longer after the remarks above.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh dear Mr M3, seems that i have upset you by casting doubt on your original sighting! I simply wanted to illustrate that you MAY have got it wrong as the quad pipes are not a 997 only option. They really was no need to get all fiesty and want to fight us all Flush.gif i simply made a comment on something which i know as a fact rather than your pie in the Sky comment of a 997 C4S. Flush.gif

Always worry about how my new cars have been treated if they have anything more than 20 miles on the clock, even that is a little high for my liking. Seen a new 645 being driven very enthusiastically the other day wearing trade plates and the paper protection on the bodywork. Not good

I'm certainly sympathetic to that view. My RS6 arrived with over 50 miles on the clock. Now I know they do some fairly extensive testing of the RS6 at Igolstadt but I also ask myself the question "If I was given the keys to a powerful car and the owner had no way of checking"...