Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ari

They missed a bit!

9 posts in this topic

Why oh why oh why is the new Golf not painted all the way down?

I hate it when they leave it unpainted around the bottom, looks like they forgot to finish it.

My Audi A3's were like this, I didn't think they did it on the latest cars, don't seem to on Audis any more...

Golf_gti_V_2.sized.jpg

I was discussing this at the weekend, IMO, I wouldn't have let it out the showroom till it was sent to the bodyshop and painted.

I think they have a habit of doing this! maybe the are saving the paint for the next "R" Golf!

Riz yelrotflmao.gif

If you buy one in black you won't notice wink.gif but it was a strange decision to make for a top-of-the-tree model. If the R32 replacement has unpainted valances then something is seriously wrong frown.gif

I know what you're on about with it looking strange. But the side skirts really improve the look of the rear bumper compared with the standard golf. Make it look as though it blends in instead of the ugly blob it is on others.

[ QUOTE ]

I think they have a habit of doing this! maybe the are saving the paint for the next "R" Golf!

Riz yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a marketing thing, they will do it (body colour) later in the life of the car as sales boost.

I think the 'interior plastic' issue is part of the marketing thing...the mk4 got too far ahead, so they have wound it back a bit (a lot ?)....it will come back to the same level given time ...R36..??

But it will be cheaper to repair if someone hits the rear of your car as it won't need paint and new bodywork...just a thought...

a. It'll still need paint, the bumper is painted further up.

b. I don't care, if someone hits the car there'll be a repair needed anyway and if its their fault they'll be paying.

I wouldn't want a car to look less attractive just so it will take a knock better, otherwise we'll end up driving stuff that looks like this! Flush.gif

Rover-streetwise---nosilna.jpg

The salesman I spoke to said that they were supplying their's with these parts colour coded. I didn't realise what he meant until I got home and read this. Presumably they are are painting them themselves (Hayseldens)

He also told me that it was selling at a faster rate than any other GTI previously (which was amazing considering his total lack of product knowledge) and that every single one sold so far was Tornado Red shocked.gif

If I go ahead and order one, mine will be black, had too many red cars.