They missed a bit!

Ari

Why oh why oh why is the new Golf not painted all the way down?

I hate it when they leave it unpainted around the bottom, looks like they forgot to finish it.

My Audi A3's were like this, I didn't think they did it on the latest cars, don't seem to on Audis any more...

Golf_gti_V_2.sized.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

I think they have a habit of doing this! maybe the are saving the paint for the next "R" Golf!

Riz yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a marketing thing, they will do it (body colour) later in the life of the car as sales boost.

I think the 'interior plastic' issue is part of the marketing thing...the mk4 got too far ahead, so they have wound it back a bit (a lot ?)....it will come back to the same level given time ...R36..??

a. It'll still need paint, the bumper is painted further up.

b. I don't care, if someone hits the car there'll be a repair needed anyway and if its their fault they'll be paying.

I wouldn't want a car to look less attractive just so it will take a knock better, otherwise we'll end up driving stuff that looks like this! Flush.gif

Rover-streetwise---nosilna.jpg

The salesman I spoke to said that they were supplying their's with these parts colour coded. I didn't realise what he meant until I got home and read this. Presumably they are are painting them themselves (Hayseldens)

He also told me that it was selling at a faster rate than any other GTI previously (which was amazing considering his total lack of product knowledge) and that every single one sold so far was Tornado Red shocked.gif

If I go ahead and order one, mine will be black, had too many red cars.