Golf R32 vs the New Audi S3

Woppum

I reckon Audi will have learnt their lesson by now and the suspension and brakes will be as good as the Golf

it will cost more, look better (the current S3 looks better imho), have a better interior, come with leather as std

I and most owners will love it and all the car mags will say it is good but not worth the premium over the Golf ROLLEY~14.GIF

So far the reports that ihave read are expecting the standard 3.2 a3 to be not as fast as the r32 and not as sporty. even if the cars were the same price and the A3 had all the options i would still choose the r32. it would take alot to beat that.

the only contenders would be the new s3 or RS3 (which will prpobably be a beast) but for both of these there are no plans to bring them out as yet (ihave heard)

ECLIPSe.gifECLIPSe.gif

So far we havent really seen how the A3 sport will look.

It will be interesting to compare. Not sure about both cars kerb weight. The new A3 will have the advantage of a much newer chasis which could make it the equal handling wise of the R32. We also dont know how you can option up the A3. Nogaro or Missano with 18" wheels on sports suspension and Recaro leather interior might be quite nice

Jonathan

• 7 months later...

[ QUOTE ]

It would appear that Audi are moving away from blowers & opting for NA cars now wouldn't it. Maybe the blowers will go on the RS models?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is supposed to be the plan. I.e RS6 is a bi-t, yet the the S4 is NA. Just dont know what they will do with the S3 though, a V8 just sounds too much, just they really have no choice if they wanna stick NA, unless they want to develop a totally new engine, which i doubt beerchug.gif

That's is likely to be the case, but then again the next R32 will be 300BHP and may well carry a 3.6 litre engine. Don't forget that it's not Audi that developed the DSG gear box it was in fact a Firm called Bog Warner who got for VW - who piped a lot of money into the project. Audi and VW are part of the same mootoring group and the guy who designed the new S3 is the same guy who designed the 147 and the new golf(all part of the same group) however if audi's so great why didn't the WW12 from the Phaton go into the A8. Answer because it was destined fro greater things such as the new Bently. So before you boys get a B in your bonnets as to which is best, well it's all made by the same company using the same compoents using the same technology. However eahc has their own driving style and appeal and personally have driven the New Audi I find it small and clostrophibic, and couldn't wait to get back to my R32. I've also checked out the new R32 and that's just got much more room, with a wind screen that's really spacious and gives a sense of size.

well let me put this to you...I have got the audi a3 and i think its awesome....maybe you should look at mine to see if its sporty within its looks and handling?

Secondly i heard that its the b4 s4 engine 2.7 bi-turbo which will be revised and go into the new s3 (rs3) whatever they may call it..personally they scrapping the s models and go with RS only.

Look at my audi a3, post your thoughts?

Audi-01

I have 6 more picturs which are cool if you want them then please say.

David Mann

[ QUOTE ]

well let me put this to you...I have got the audi a3 and i think its awesome....maybe you should look at mine to see if its sporty within its looks and handling?

Secondly i heard that its the b4 s4 engine 2.7 bi-turbo which will be revised and go into the new s3 (rs3) whatever they may call it..personally they scrapping the s models and go with RS only.

Look at my audi a3, post your thoughts?

Audi-01

I have 6 more picturs which are cool if you want them then please say.

David Mann

[/ QUOTE ] err just looks like a boring standard A3 to me mate is it a TDI sekret.gif

After a trip to my local Audi dealer, the General Manager had just returned from Germany where he was attending some kind of sales conference.

He has iformed me that Audi are not going to be making an S3 but doing an S-Line addition to the A3 range. This will mean that you can take ANY A3 (TDi included) and turn it into an'S'3. It will involve different alloys, suspension, body kit and interior changes. BUT it will not include any extra power from the engine units.

The 3.2 V6 Quattro will be the most potent unit.

Well at least untill the RS3 appears.........

Hope this helps!!

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my R32 from an Audi dealer. Was going for the new A3 3.2 V6 (had and A3 T) but most of the reports I read was that it was to refined, too smooth and lacked the driver involvement that you want from a 3.2 V6 small hatch car.... they had a low miles R32 Blue Pearl, Leather, Tints, 6 CD thingy on the forecourt, so I took that instead.

Build quality of VW is not up there with the Audis but its a hell of a lot of fun to drive and undoubtedly better than the Audi 3.2 V6.... but roll on RS3!!

the_finger.gif