GTI Day Oulton Park

Moschops

Looking good, is the middle car in pic 5 Blue Graphite or Steel Grey? My dealer has said that when he checked on the VAG network only one dealer in the UK has ordered a white car for stock, and because of this they have cancelled theirs and changed it to red as apparently 85% of orders are for this colur!

3. And finally, there were black GTIs there too, like the one I drove tongue.gif

I had a great time, despite being a track-day n00b it was awesome, if a little damp and slippery in places! Had a courtesy call off VW today to ask how I got on and whether or not I wanted to arrange a sales call crazy.gif but I can't afford a Golf GTI frown.gif

Still, top day out for me, and my Dad got a drive too, which was nice cool.gif

EDIT: forgot to mention my Dad grabbed a short video clip of the instructors hammering down past the pits into the first corner, 1.5MB in size, but I have no way of posting it unless someone knows of a free webhost in the spirit of imageshack.us?

post-7005-137914295384_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Nice pics 169144-ok.gif

Black's the one for me smlove2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too! I really liked that car. Didn't appear to have the xenons on it though - with xenons on my current Polo I've gotta have them on the next car grin.gif

Black would be my colour of choice, despite the way it gets so grimy after a couple of weeks of winter weather and wet roads! I'm still not 100% on the wheels though, they might have to go when/if I get one...good drive though wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

2. Another angle on the Golf line up in the pits...

[/ QUOTE ]

Next to the red, is that the laser blue?

Argh! Really want to see the new Golf GTI in laser blue smile.gif I've spent the past month or so pondering on which colour. Got it down to black, reflex silver or laser blue. Elimated the silver (managed to find some pics on Autotrader but didn't think the black grills went very well with the rest).

Black is my favourite at the moment - also has the added bonus of blending in with the ugly non-colour coded rear valence and side skirts sportifs2.gif

But seeing as my current car is black, it would be nice to go for something else next, hence the blue. But before commiting to anything, I really need to see how the front looks ECLIPSe.gif

Spot on 169144-ok.gif

Shame we can't set up a video link, we've probably seen all the colours between us I've seen Red and Silver and I'd agree about Silver, not quite special enough. I'd think twice about having black if I'd had black cars before but I've had loads of red and never black so this time I'm going for it. Have to say that on other makes, pearlescent black loooks much better than flat black so would imagine the GTI would be the same

I've seen a GTI in pearlescent black and it is very nice smile.gif

Still can't find a picture of a GTI in laser blue, so I've had a go at editing a picture of one in tornedo red (see attachment). I don't think I've got the colour bang-on, but it gives a fairly decent indication of what it should look like 169144-ok.gif

Going to try editing the side skirts and rear valence to blue too, maybe the red stripe at the front too, I think that would then be my idea choice for colour beerchug.gif

post-7361-137914295412_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

Still can't find a picture of a GTI in laser blue

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played about a bit with the original image to focus in on the laser blue car - original images are 2400*1800 ooo.gif so I've got a closer shot of the car in question by cropping and resizing a bit. HTH! grin.gif

post-7005-137914295426_thumb.jpg

I'll keep my eyes peeled at the local stealer for you 169144-ok.gif

The Audi dealership that was next to VW here has moved, so VW are currently using the empty showroom to house about half a dozen new GTIs - I'll see if there are any in there when I get a spare few hours... any excuse to go and poke about a new GTI again grin.gif