Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Woppum

Remaping of the engine?

7 posts in this topic

AMD have told me that they are currently working on new parts for the R32. They have told me that they can re-map the engine.

they currently re-map the V6 4-Motion which upps the torque and brake by 20 each for £350.

Does anyone know what the problems would be for me if i decided to re-map the egine regarding, warrenty, insurance and reliability??? ECLIPSe.gif

I've had my V6 4mo remapped by AmD.

With regards to warranty; You need to find a friendly dealer. One that won't decline to fix your window regulator just cos your've chip the engine. i.e as long as remapp does not affect directly other bits. But if your engine goes or there is some fault with it, they might say cos its your chip etc.

Insurance; I would tell them. If you don't be prepared to accept that they won't cover you because you didn't disclose it. So not good, if you have a hefty prang and they check the ecu for some reason and decide not to pay up. Not good at all, if you injury/ kill someone and you don't have cover.

Realibilty; Had no problems with AmD chip; had it done to GTi, VR6 and now 4motion.

What changes did you notice in the 4mo after remapping ?

The wife's got one and I've been toying with the idea of tuning after we had to cancel the R32 order, but I'd like to know whether the effects are truly noticeable (in normal driving) over the normal engine.

Well, the increase in torque is useful. Notice a really good push at 80mph, it flew around. But with most things you get use to it.

Best to leave the remapping with more miles on the clock say 40k as just the V6 remap gave more horses then, 227bhp on another V6, compared to mine which included miltek exhaust and sports cats. Mine was 226bhp done at 13k miles.

So I feel its worth doing. I think also mpg improved.

if i was to remap the the engine, and not tell my dealer. then if something dod go wrong down the line, and i wanted to put it on my warrenty. how much chance is there of checking my chip?

confused.gif

go the Revo way

they won't know it

cause it's all software, no openning the ecu

TO MAKE THE CAR 270BHP ISH, £350 IS WORTH IT IF I HAVE A GOOD CHANCE OF KEEPING MY WARRENTY.

WOPPUM SLY MAN!!!!!!!!!

ices_blah.gif