Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Melchior

Laser Blue MKV Golf GTi Thread

14 posts in this topic

Seemed to be hijacking the Oulton Park thread so thought I would start this one. I've ordered a Laser Blue Golf GTi without seeing a piccie or seeing one in the metal. I'd like to see more piccies before it arrives so please post your pictures of Laser Blue GTi's here. laugh.gif

If you've got one on order what spec have you gone for?? Mine will be

Laser Blue

5 Door

DSG

Rear Parking Sensor

Side Airbags

Winter Pack

Cruise Control

RCD 500 + Soundpack

Front Centre Armrest

Current ETA April

Spec i've gone for is:

Laser Blue

3 Door

18" wheels

Rear Parking Sensor

Arm Rest

Leather

DSG - with paddles & steering wheel upgrade

Folding mirrors

I only ordered it last week and haven't yet recieved a build date, but I have led to believe that delivery will be late June early July. Apparently there are delays with the DSG & 18" wheels.

I really struggled to decide whether the paddles were worth the extra £515. I initially placed an order without them, but changed it this week to include the paddle and steering wheel upgrade. I drove a V6 TT with DSG paddles and really enjoyed the experience.

I will go along to the dealers this weekend and take a snap of the Laser blue 5 door in the showroom, and post the images. Trust me though, the Laser Blue is the one to go for.

Silver looks too bland - mingles in with alloys etc.

Black looks great, but makes with car look v.dark with dark leather and dash.

Graphite Blue & Steel grey look good, but again mingles in with the alloys - especially 18" which have an polished anthrecite finish.

Other Blues are too dark.

Red looks great also, but will be all over the place within 1 year.

[ QUOTE ]

Spec i've gone for is:

Laser Blue

3 Door

18" wheels

Rear Parking Sensor

Arm Rest

Leather

DSG - with paddles & steering wheel upgrade

Folding mirrors

I only ordered it last week and haven't yet recieved a build date, but I have led to believe that delivery will be late June early July. Apparently there are delays with the DSG & 18" wheels.

I really struggled to decide whether the paddles were worth the extra £515. I initially placed an order without them, but changed it this week to include the paddle and steering wheel upgrade. I drove a V6 TT with DSG paddles and really enjoyed the experience.

I will go along to the dealers this weekend and take a snap of the Laser blue 5 door in the showroom, and post the images. Trust me though, the Laser Blue is the one to go for.

Silver looks too bland - mingles in with alloys etc.

Black looks great, but makes with car look v.dark with dark leather and dash.

Graphite Blue & Steel grey look good, but again mingles in with the alloys - especially 18" which have an polished anthrecite finish.

Other Blues are too dark.

Red looks great also, but will be all over the place within 1 year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice Spec. Big Fella 169144-ok.gif

I debated the Steering wheel with paddles but decided not to go for it in the end on the basis that I didn't want the phone prep so wouldn't use the the phone controls on the steering wheel.

Would be cool if you could post piccies. The only piccies I have seen are the par car shots on the Oulton Park Thread.

What will you be px'ing for the golf (if anything)?

[ QUOTE ]

Came across a lazer blue GTI here recently......

Lazer Blue GTI

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers for the link Newbie. beerchug.gif Those are the best pictures I've seen of the Laser Blue yet. smile.gif

Cheers for the pics Newbie smile.gif does look good.

My planned spec is:

Laser Blue

5 Door

Cruise Control

Front Centre Armrest

On a fairly tight budget so won't be able to afford the DSG wink.gif

Also planning to take it to a body repair garage to have the rear bumper (valence) and side skirts sprayed blue to make them colour coded. Asked a salesmans at a VW dealership about this today, and he reckoned it would cost around £400 to do the bumper. Guessing that other body repair garages will be able to do this for less, anyone know?

Hello all my first post and a very happy chappy here!!. Ordered a GTI through a web based retailer with a big discount back in December for a March delivery, had a phone call yesterday to say sorry it will now be June/July not happy SAUER0421.GIF. Said I would think about it and went off in a huff teddies out of the pram time, quickly phoned my local VW dealer on the off chance of them having a cancelled order to be told sorry we have sold our allocation already and our demo model frown.gif. Went shopping with the wife and went past the dealer in Nottingham thought well if you don't ask you don't get walked in they had a Laser Blue in the show room looked stunning asked if they had any avalible and was told sorry all sold. I asked just off the cuff what about that one the sales person said I don't think so but I will ask came back and said the magical words when do you want it for RESULT!!! jump.gif. So on the 1st of March I will be picking up a 5DR GTI in Laser Blue with 18'' Monza alloys 6 disc changer, doesn't have the winter pack I wanted but I have a GTI in 2 weeks smile.gif. Sorry for the long post but I am over the moon!! I will be posting some pictures as soon as I can Nick

Can't wait to see the pics smile.gif happy motoring!

Who was the online dealer you tried? I noticed a couple such as drivethedeal.com and buyyourcar.co.uk were offering pretty good discounts early in January, but those discounts have vanished since the Golf GTI was launched frown.gif

Nice colour that Laser blue...but not a "proper" GTI colour at all...

Got to be Red/White or Black.. heart.gif

It was www.new-car-discount.com they are still offering good discounts or if you want mine I have still not cancelled the order yet as I am phoning them tommorow can email you the details if you want. The red and black are good GTI colours but they will be everywhere in a year where as the white looks fantastic but all that cleaning blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Hello all my first post and a very happy chappy here!!. Ordered a GTI through a web based retailer with a big discount back in December for a March delivery, had a phone call yesterday to say sorry it will now be June/July not happy SAUER0421.GIF. Said I would think about it and went off in a huff teddies out of the pram time, quickly phoned my local VW dealer on the off chance of them having a cancelled order to be told sorry we have sold our allocation already and our demo model frown.gif. Went shopping with the wife and went past the dealer in Nottingham thought well if you don't ask you don't get walked in they had a Laser Blue in the show room looked stunning asked if they had any avalible and was told sorry all sold. I asked just off the cuff what about that one the sales person said I don't think so but I will ask came back and said the magical words when do you want it for RESULT!!! jump.gif. So on the 1st of March I will be picking up a 5DR GTI in Laser Blue with 18'' Monza alloys 6 disc changer, doesn't have the winter pack I wanted but I have a GTI in 2 weeks smile.gif. Sorry for the long post but I am over the moon!! I will be posting some pictures as soon as I can Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice One Nick. Congrats on the new purchase!

I've ordered my Laser Blue Gti from dsgauto , and have been given an ETA of April. Fingers crossed my order and delivery will go smoothly and to schedule........ UHOH7.GIF

Pics of Laser look great !

Ive gone "Diamond Black" 3 door

Nav , Sunroof , 18 monza ,Winter Pack,Xenon Pack ,Cruise ,Telephone + Module ,Rear parking Sensors ,Multi function steering wheel, Automatic dipping Folding door mirrors.

They said i would probley get it in March but they aint confirmed , thinking its going to be April now frown.gif

There is a blue one in the showroom Wayside Towcester - which I presume was Laser blue.

Took a look at the colour swatches at the dealer today. Laser Blue looks just that bit darker than Deep Blue Pearl. I accept that swatches are not necessarily a good indicator of colour but unless you saw these two colours on cars together I think that at a glance you'd think they could be the same.