Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tonywalker

golf gti MkV

8 posts in this topic

Has anybody spoken to VW about the Sound Generator on the new GTI. The launch cars all sounded incredable, the UK cars do not sound half as good. The reason is that the UK cars will not have the sound generator. I was trying to find out from VW, if this would be available as a retro fit.

Let us know how you get on Tony, mine sounds ok but not as fruity as I was hoping... SAUER0421.GIF

[ QUOTE ]

What is this? Can't find any mention of it on Google confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Auto Express issue #842 (couple of weeks back):

[ QUOTE ]

Why doesn't this GTI sound so good?

There's no doubt about it - this Golf GTI doesn't have the same aural appeal as the launch car we tested last year. The reason is that European versions get a sound box generator in the exhaust system that right-hand-drive machines do without - for the time being at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

I presume this is like having baffles but in your exhaust to quieten it down confused.gif which kinda sucks...

Quote from Auto Express - "There's no doubt about it - this Golf GTI doesn'nt have the same aural appeal as the launch car we tested. The reason is that European versions versions get a sound box generator in the exhaust system that right-hand drive machines do without - for the time being at least.

That's alright, my other half is always saying I need telling twice grin.gif