Z4 3.0

loddrik

I like them. 169144-ok.gif

A mans car if in the right colour (grey or black).

3.0 comes with sport suspension though, which is terrible apparently.

And I couldn't help thinking I should have had a Porsche Boxster for not much more money. Not a problem if buying second-hand means a wider gap.

z4.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

dont think the suspernsion is terrible its those horrible run flat tyres! the 3.0 sounds gorgeous as well!

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree about the tyres, but the 2.5 on normal (ie non sport) suspension is a far far nicer car apparently.

Unfortunately the 3.0 has sport suspension as standard and no way of going for the normal suspension.

The ultimate would be a 3.0 engine and the 2.5 suspension I guess. crazy.gif

Very true about tyres, I've ditched my run flats in favour of standard tyres and it's improved the ride considerably.

I've test driven the 3.0 and it is very very nice, great engine. I've got the 2.2 V6 and love it to bits, as a drivers car it is easily the best I've had, yes the engine has to be worked more than the 3.0 but that's no hardship when you've got a V6 wailing with the roof down.

Oh and it's definately best in black with 18" alloys cool.gif ..........

front_1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The sports suspension IS terrible. I sold my 3.0 Z4 because of it. I have 18" runflats on sports suspension on my 530d and they don't cause anything like the terrible ride they do on the Z4.

The terrible ride quality ruins the ability to use all the power as it makes the car fidgety over uneven road surfaces. It also ruins your teeth and causes spinal damage grin.gif

just my perspective from the passengers seat but our current Z4 3.0 rides better and feels a lot more stable than our old Z3 2.8, and it has 18" wheels with low profile tyres.

Infact it rides better than my Fiesta Si on 14" wheels with 185/45/14 tyres on it, but then that is a Ford....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry to be a pedant, not a V6, a straight 6, that's why all BMW's have loooong bonnets.

[/ QUOTE ]

My mistake slap.gif

Sounds great though 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Major tut tut!!!

How can you own a 3.0 Z4 and NOT know it is a straight six and not a V6!!??

Hide your head in shame!! grin.gifwink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry to be a pedant, not a V6, a straight 6, that's why all BMW's have loooong bonnets.

[/ QUOTE ]

My mistake slap.gif

Sounds great though 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Major tut tut!!!

How can you own a 3.0 Z4 and NOT know it is a straight six and not a V6!!??

Hide your head in shame!! grin.gifwink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But its a 2.2 not a 3.0 M3me. Pay attention and hide your head in shame... tongue.gif

Whens the wedding between you too ??!? grin.gif

3.0 Z4 is a nice motor and the ride does detract a little from the car. Our roads just aren't smooth enough for it IMO. But that engine is very nice.

The new 3.0 Straight 6 in the E90 is even more of a honey though by quite some margin and I never thought I'd be able to say that but it is.

Is it just me or do some of the engines just have too much power to really use it these days ? New topic is spose, I just love to drive the living daylights out of a car really working the engine sometimes. But when they are really powerful silly speeds leads to major amounts of points or no license... MMmmmm