Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
R32North

*** BL00dy Gritters ***

9 posts in this topic

.......... not one, not two but THREE of the nasty paint wrecking bu99ers on the same stretch of raod.

So, I'm on the M9 heading to Dunblane to pick up the Mrs and the 1st gritter is chucking rocks about, you could see the damn things, bigger than marbles so they were!

Not 5 miles up the road I come across the 2nd one, this one is chucking bleeding boulders about, ratting ooff the bumper and windscreen.

Then on the way back I come accross No. 3!!!! Thanks f*** this one had run out of grit and was just flashing his lights and I pass (at great speed, to mimimise the time near it), as I would've considered myself cursed had this one also got me.

3 of the blasted things on less than hour frown.gif

169144-ok.gif

Thing is I bet if I took the old bus then I wouldn't have come accross one. Its just cos I washed the car yesterday and so today I thought I'd take it up to Dunblane to pick up Mrs Wife.

169144-ok.gif

Were supposed to get snow, but the gritter will have jinxed it and non will fall.

Its about -2 outside, but bone dry. Not a drop of ice or any dampness to turn to ice.

smile.gif

No snow here, but whilst taking the wife to work this morning I've seen one gritter stuck in a large pot hole. He must of been trying to turn around, but the land was too soft for his gritter.

nice and sunny down here :-) well it was an hour or so ago, but still no sign of snow yet :-)

mind you the pootle down to Dorset this morning has resulted in two dints in the windscreen from I think gritting :-(