911 C4S vs standard 911 C

maryjanestandley

The standard Carrera 2 is lighter (than a GT3 too) than the C4S so you get a little bit extra performance...The C2 feels quite nimble whereas the C4S feels planted to the road.. deoending on your driving style toy may prefer one over the other. The C4S IMO looks batter especially at the rear and I expect the C4S will hold ist value better too.

But 14k is a big difference... I would try and drive both and see which one you prefer..

thanks gents - I think I'm leaning toward the C4 circa 2001 - looks like you can get one in the 45k - 55k range USD over here (I have to pay Uncle Sam's income taxes first-they're brutal) - even if I could pay the 90k for a new one, I'm not sure I would

I stumbled on a review of the 2004's by Mitch McCullough on newcartestdrive.com that was excellent if anyone is interested

• 1 month later...

I've recently moved from an Audi S4 (old shape biturbo one) to a 996 Carrera 2 and initially wondered if i'd miss the 4wd of the Audi.

NO! is the answer smile.gif

Perhaps because the engine is over the driving wheels traction is excellent , even in wet conditions.

I suspect the 2wd car is probably a little quicker also because it is lighter with no front diff and drive train.

A C2 is a very nimble car compaired to the C4, less weight over the front axle etc.. also meand the C2 is a bit floaty at very high speed, the front seems to bob around a bit.

The fact that the weight id over th eengine provides a huga amount of traction especially when coming out of a corner..beware..going into a corner because there is a lot of grip but whehn those tyres have finished giving you grip there isn't a graceful slide, its quite agressive..better to do all th breaking before the corner slow round it and blast out..with a little wiggle on exit in true porcshe fasion.. 169144-ok.gif

Any Pics of the C2 you can post up?