Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimGuest

Newbie with an interest in diesel tuning boxes...

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm another new boy here. 'Insurance Jon' recommended TryeSmoke to me because I was asking him about diesel tuning boxes. Unfortunately, my pocket doesn't stretch to a German car at the moment, which is why I've just bought a new Mondeo ST 2.2 TDCi with the 155psi lump. It's a great car (especially since I negotiated a £5.4K discount from new price), but I'm interested in a tuning box. I've done some research, but to be fair, only actual experience of the good from the bad is worth your consideration.

Now I know you've probably been over this ground many times before, but can anyone give me some personal experience as to whether a £550 box from Tunit might be better than a £250 one from Dragon Performance, especially when they're both digital and tick the same boxes!?

Thanks all!

Good timing and welcome to TSN. I'm just in process of swapping my analogue tuning box from Dragon to A Digital one. I think they probably contain the seame bits and do the same thing - so get the cheaper one in my opinion!

Thanks, Dieselmeister, that's pretty much the line of thought I had...besides, the Dragon boxes from www.mrhoot.co.uk come with a 30-day no-quibble returns policy and otherwise offer 3-yrs on the box itself. They must do a half decent job...musn't they???

Thats what I hope!

If you buy one from there - tell em you're a tsn user and thanks to uncle DM you'll get 10% off!