Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wleng

Sat Nav?

12 posts in this topic

I have been told by my dealer today that I have 2 days to change my order. Currently I have a white GTI with DSG and xenon ordered. However I continually wonder if I should get sat nav. What are your views on the CD based system (especially those who already have one on their car)? What other option should I consider? We already get paddle shift and 10 speaker stereo as standard. Also, does anyone have a pic of 5 door GTI in white? Thanks in advance.

So you've got the optional extra of the controls on steering wheel (therefore got cruise control)? If not you haven't got the paddles.

Yes, we get cruise control and buttons on the steering wheel and paddles as standard equipment. I am in Australia btw.

Yes, its only the tight barstards in the UK that make us pay extra for it.

Alot of people are getting the central armrest. Gives you somewhere to keep ipod, etc.

Havent got a picture of a white one, but saw one on a transporter the other day - and so far best colour I have seen it in. 169144-ok.gif

If you go to the VW GTi page here, I think you can find some images of a white GTi in either the Gallery or Configurator area of the site.

Re SatNav, I'm just going to transfer my TomTomGo over to the GTi when it arrives - a far cheaper option grin.gif

Edit: for more white GTi images, go to Google, then Images, and type in Golf GTi and you should see the GTi in a range of colours.

I have the sat nav in my car and it's "ok", but no better.

If I was speccing a GTI with a blank sheet I would not have Sat nav unless it was the new (coming in '06..maybe..) DVD based system. Compared to others I have had it's lacking in detail and is slow in operation.

However for resale it might be very useful as people really want this feature in their quality german cars these days...

Might be best to push back on the dealer and say you need to see it/use it before deciding... beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

If you go to the VW GTi page here, I think you can find some images of a white GTi in either the Gallery or Configurator area of the site.

Re SatNav, I'm just going to transfer my TomTomGo over to the GTi when it arrives - a far cheaper option grin.gif

Edit: for more white GTi images, go to Google, then Images, and type in Golf GTi and you should see the GTi in a range of colours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that. I did that and all I can come up with are 3 door GTI's in white. I still haven't seen the 5 door in white.

That's a good point Gareth, I should test one out before deciding. It is so obvious an answer yet I never thought of that option! ROLLEY~14.GIF Will do it today.

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, its only the tight barstards in the UK that make us pay extra for it.

Alot of people are getting the central armrest. Gives you somewhere to keep ipod, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Err, center armrest is also standard. jump.gif Our only options are roof (no thanks, I have a convertible for real open air driving), DSG (ticked), xenon (ticked), sat nav (should I?), and leather (I like the old skool tartan!). The one option that would be really useful but we don't get is parking sensor.

Hi,

am in Sydney and have ordered a black with black leather and DSG. Has your dealer confirmed the price yet? Mine is being very non committal. Have signed an agreement that it won't cost over $47,990 on the road. That price is based on the on the road being $43k. If it comes in less he reduces the price accordingly.

Phoned another dealer and was quoted $49k!!

Any idea what the price will be?

[ QUOTE ]

Hi,

am in Sydney and have ordered a black with black leather and DSG. Has your dealer confirmed the price yet? Mine is being very non committal. Have signed an agreement that it won't cost over $47,990 on the road. That price is based on the on the road being $43k. If it comes in less he reduces the price accordingly.

Phoned another dealer and was quoted $49k!!

Any idea what the price will be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi there. Are you on the vortex board? There is an aussie section there if you have any specific question relating to our market. $47990 sounds like a good deal. VW Australia have not confirmed the price yet, but so far the consensus is that the car is $39990, leather is $2990, DSG is $2300. Based on that, you are getting some discount on the car. I think without discounts it would be about $49k.