Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
odnet

?? ** ONE TO AVOID ** ??

14 posts in this topic

gentlemen & ladies,

today i finally received my cheque from vw for part of the cash back on my r32...

..apparently, it's going on the forecourt at my local dealership for the next 6 weeks, after this time, if not sold, i believe it will then be going back to vw head office, where it will be auctioned off...

black r32, 3 door, leather, delta, WG53 OPY.... i wouldn't if i were you!!?? 169144-ok.gif

been fun & now i'm stuck in a crappy astra 1.7 td till i can find myself a new toy...... which i might say i'm finding quite hard to do at the moment!!... any ideas anyone!???

anyway, it's been a pleasure, will continue to post, but with no more moans!! ha.gif

alls good

enjoy

ivan

Shite how much did you get back ?

I had a very similar sinario with my R but because i waited so long for itt to turn up i gave them afew chances to sort out a whole "novel " of problems, i did see trading standards afew times but they said that for a case such as this court action was necessary, and VW are a pretty big company !. but hey beast is all fixed now and "touch Aluminium" everthings been OK 169144-ok.gif

Shame, Take care and thanks for the advice.

Could you remind some of the newer TSNers and joe public why they don't want the car?

How many engines, how many clutches, how many week off the road! I remember some, but for the sake of accuracy..

lets just say i didn't get 'loads' back but cleared all outstanding finance & have a semi-healthy bank balance!! 169144-ok.gif

for the record (and 1 last time to get it off my chest!):

3 engines

1 gearbox

14 clutches

3 stereos

1 inside stereo rewire

1 headlight

3 sidelights

8 tyres

1 service

about 3 months in total off the road, in which time i drove pretty much the entire vw range, erghh, lupo gti... no, no, no!!

oh, and about 10 months of talks with vw customer service.. who i might add are c@@p, possibly the worst ever!!.. ha, i can say that now the moneys in my account!! ha.gif

anyway, alls well that ends well & all that!!... must say though, it winds me up now when i get overtaken by an r32, knowing what fun the drivers having... fekr.gif

still.....

beerchug.gif

ivan

Hey Odnet

It's probably down to you that I bought an R32!

Do you spend a bit of time on Saunton Sands? - I saw one parked there a while back and took an instant shine to it.

Sorry you had so much bad luck with it - sounds like you were VERY patient with VW and deserve every penny they send you.

How about a Scooby next?

[ QUOTE ]

Hey Odnet

It's probably down to you that I bought an R32!

Do you spend a bit of time on Saunton Sands? - I saw one parked there a while back and took an instant shine to it.

Sorry you had so much bad luck with it - sounds like you were VERY patient with VW and deserve every penny they send you.

How about a Scooby next?

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, knew i should have gone for a sales role with vw!!! if it was a 53 plate then yeah, i only live 5 minutes down the road from saunton sands, if it was an 03 plate with a roof rack, then that was my mate john's... he's swapped it now for a v6 passat estate as he "bought a dog & it killed the leather/plastic/pvc whatever it is!!??" sportifs2.gif

a scooby, was on the list.... not sure i'm that keen on them though!!... thinking about going down a different route & getting some sort of crappy mileage eater for the motorways (work) & something old skool for the weekends??.. hummm..... bike.thumb.gif

ivan

[ QUOTE ]

Black - is there any other?!

[/ QUOTE ]

My Blue beast often freqents croyde with a pile of surfboards in the back ? suicide.gif

Mine's a black 53 plate with two boards in permanent residence in the boot!

Daz - Will look out for you!

Hey Matt you will have to PM me when you come visiting cornwall. i know some great sand dunes to do some wheelies on and donuts slap.gif

i'll keep my eyes open for you both!!....

... i still have my r32 keyring as proof of past ownership!! 169144-ok.gif

beerchug.gif

ivan

Daz - Me too. Lived in Polzeath for 12 years.

Where abouts are you?

Was down this weekend...In a courtesy car - purple Nissan Micra!!