Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tomb

GTI 1.8T is it a 180 or 150 bhp

6 posts in this topic

Hello am new here, and looking to tune my car up soon (ideas of what to do first?).

I have a Mk4 GTI 1.8T - It is registered as a 180bhp, How can I tell whether it is a 180bhp or 150 bhp as there is no indication on the car.

Was the anniversary edtion the only 180bhp?

Thanks in advance...

Tom

Hi Welcome to Tyresmoke.

THe Anniversary was the first version with the 180bhp output, shortly after this I belieev it became an option in the golf range, but cannot remember exactly at what time period.

I am not sure how you would tell as I dont remember seeing any physical differences. THe 180 version is certainly fairly rapid as mine was fadster than my 225 TT.

thanks,

yes it's quick! I'm planning on taking it to AMD soon to get some upgrades was thinking of the stage 1 or 2 kit, bigger wheels and upgraded breaks would be a good start.

any thoughts?

You can see a picture of my old one here:

My Golf

TO be honest I found it was good enough with the 180 bhp, might have considered more in the long term, but I went for a set of 19's (you can see in the picture) and next would have been brake upgrade with a power upgrade being 3rd on my list. I did fit a Miltek exhaust and that looked good from the back, filed the cut out more efefctievly, but on the turbo cars you dont get a great deal mroe noise.

The wheels on mine were Oettinger RZ 2 piece split rims, which I think really suit the car.

Was chatting to some guys at a meet last night and it may be possible to fit the Loan Cupra R front brakes (which is the Brembo GT kit) with OEM seat parts for around the £500 mark which is a fair saving - but gotta be looking at prices first to check this.

[ QUOTE ]

Hello am new here, and looking to tune my car up soon (ideas of what to do first?).

I have a Mk4 GTI 1.8T - It is registered as a 180bhp, How can I tell whether it is a 180bhp or 150 bhp as there is no indication on the car.

Was the anniversary edtion the only 180bhp?

Thanks in advance...

Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

the anni was 180 petrol & 150 deisel.....

if it's a 1.8T GTI...the 150 had a 5 speed box &

the 180 a 6 speed....

cheers 169144-ok.gif

You can look on your data sticker for the power of the engine (as it left the factory). The sticker should be found on the inside front cover of your service book or the side of the spare tyre well in the boot. If it says 110KW then its a 150hp engine, more than 110 then its probably a 180hp.

Cheers

ucjtckc