Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cerbera

DSG

14 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Have just been looking at the pics on vwvortex.com of the Geneva Motor Show and there's an R32 with DSG....looks quite tasty with the paddles!! Does anyone know if we are going to be getting it as an option here in the UK !?? I've ordered my car, but expected date is sometime in Oct/Nov....I could be tempted to opt for the DSG as I do about 25K miles p/a with half of that on small country roads and the other half in stop/start traffic on the Bl**dy M25 and M6!!! Anyone got any info ?! Also, is the Sat nav in the golfs worth £2.5K ?!? FIREdevil.gif Also had a brief chat with one of the guys at ForgeMotorsport and they reckoned that by the summer Revo would have sorted a relevant software upgrade for the R32 which he anticipated would give between 30-40 bhp increase......think he's been optimistic, but here's hoping!!! VERY jealous of all you boys who have your car already!! the_finger.gif Last Ques I promise - do you guys run Optimax/Super or do you just stick with regular unleaded when filling up ??! Cheers!

I cant see a chip for a NA engine giving anywhere near 40bhp, I would be very suprised.

I don't know about the current R32, but when the next generation golf is brought out, they have said they will probably do a 250bhp R32 using the same DSG as the new TT..

pengy.gif

Yes, apparantly the next generation R32 will have the DSG, not this version.

40bhp from a normally aspiarted engine sounds quite a lot.. might involve an exhaust change as well...

I always use Optimax or super in my RS6.. aswell as millers. I think that the fuel is more important in turbo charged cars because you have quite a high air/fuel mix and you are looking for maximum burn.. ie) big explosion. I think that it does make a difference and I get better mpg with super too.

Cheers

Dave laugh.gif

You can have DSG on the current R32. VW UK has not imported it. Euroimports however are quoting June for the R32 with DSG

30bhp might be possible somewhere in the rev range, but I would be suprised. It certainly wont be peak power.

Mine is always run on Super

Jonathan

Actually don't worry, i think the TT was already moving when the R32 started, they were not racing. jump.gif

Never seen anything better mate, manual anyday though. wink.gifECLIPSe.gif

Yeah, I like the DSG for the whole Tech aspect. New and exciting and all. But it's also just ANOTHER thing that can go wrong with your car frown.gif

Gotta love that Blue though jump.gif Only color I like more is the Blue Anthrazit cool.gif

I think with DSG the whole driving experiance may get a little boring, I can't see it bieng much of a hit. Do you rememeber the Evo VII GTA, that was a flop and i can see this bieng similar in the UK. This could be popular in places like the US whewre everyone is used to automatics, but here I recon the majority of people want the manual. beerchug.gif

so will vw bring the dsg Golf to the UK?? I know you can import them but I wonder if you would then have problems with warranty if VW UK don't import them too?

I think with most of the importers they offer a 2 year warrenty rather than 3. I think VW Uk will be able to deal with the DSG also. Worth a phone call. pengy.gif