DSC00031-copy.jpg

DSC00030-copy.jpg

DSC00029-copy.jpg

DSC00028-copy.jpg

DSC00027-copy-copy.jpg

DSC00026-copy.jpg

DSC00025-copy.jpg

Cheers Nick

Looks great, are those the 17" or 18" wheels? What's it like to drve. Have you gone for DSG or maual

Looks like Laser Blue with 18's....nice 169144-ok.gif

To date I've only seen 2 other GTI's on the road. Saw a Red 5dr in Milton Keynes and then saw a Grey one last week in Sunningdale.

[ QUOTE ]

Hope you enjoy them as much as me!! ECLIPSe.gif

Sorry if they are a bit big not very good at this stuff

DSC00028-copy.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Not seen that colour yet but looks good 169144-ok.gif

Just a wild stab, but can I guess your number plate wink.gif

Yep the car has the 18''s, I have not seen another GTI on the road yet. I am sure you would be able to spot them as they would be the one's smiling like a Cheshire cat.

I went for the manual due to my dealer saying there would be a longer waiting time, I am no good at waiting. Overall very pleased and now the 1k has ticked over plenty of right foot will be used just so I can hear that sound. The economy has been very good around 32-33mpg which while running in was ggod but the only issue now is my right foot (You know it makes sense).

Very nice Nick 169144-ok.gif Not even seen a pic of a Laser Blue one before that.

I still haven't seen a GTI on the road apart from the ones I test drove. Was hoping to test drive a DSG car this week but I just haven't been able to take any time off work and am then off to my brother's wedding in Argentina in just over a week. Still, at least when I get back I'll only have 3 months to wait laugh.gif

Nice one, cheers! smile.gif

Have been waiting to see pics of a 5 door Golf GTI in laser blue for a couple of months now, it is very nice and I think the red line on the front grille works really well with the red brake calipers and rear lights smile.gif

Something I have noticed is that the front air vents next to the fog lights are different on some Golf GTIs. On this Golf GTI you can see 5 holes in the honeycomb while others I've seen have a much larger section of the honeycomb open. Anyone know why this is?

The larger cutout is for DSG cars - cooling for the gearbox. I nearly bought a laser blue GTI myself - nice choice.

Like many others I havn't seen one in laser blue and I have to say it is so much better than I thought! I might get one for my next car. Now over 2k and averaging 27mpg ish, down from the 33ish before 1k as you'd expect.

Gareth - I work in MK so maybe it was me you saw!

Currently I've got a Tornedo Red Mk V GTI and love it. Not seen many others (though when I have they've been red!) love the attention its been getting!

The answer to the above query as to whether the laser blue gti is dsg or manula is............manual (only 5 1/2 holes cut from the grille as Chiu has said).

Please keep these piccies coming. I've ordered a 5dr Tornado Red (DSG, multi-function wheel with paddles, Interlagos, autochanger, rear parking sensor & xenons) but every time I see a new colour the doubts start to creep in!

I've seen:

Tornado Red - currently on order and I swing between loving and quite liking it!

Black - okay but you lose the GTI nosejob.

Silver - seems to be a bit weak for a GTI.

Steel Grey - good colour and I'm thinking about it...

Thanks for the lazer blue piccies... nice colour but I'm not quite sure that the red piping and calipers are the best match.

Anyone seen a white one? Anyone brave enough!

What's the blue graphite like (I don't think I've even seen a standard golf in the colour).

And is the stereo that bad for me to spend evenmore money on the VW soundpack?

Looking at getting them colour codedas my nexy little project, going to ask dealer how much it would be for them to do it then will go to my local bodyshop I have used in the past to see what they would charge. If the VW dealer is not too bad then will get them to do it as it would be covered under the paint warrenty. Will post the prices later this week. Is it woth doing though if I am looking to change it in a years time, do you think it would effect the resale value enough?

The stereo is not the best, Someone on here put a in line amp in I think and said that at low volume it was better but still the same at the higher volume. I have not seen any posts from people with the sound packs so no decent feedback on that yet and the dealers have not got a clue either. Looks like aftermarket is the way to go.

Nick

[ QUOTE ]

The larger cutout is for DSG cars - cooling for the gearbox. I nearly bought a laser blue GTI myself - nice choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

My local dealer has a DSG demo but it has only the small holes not the larger cutout.

[ QUOTE ]

Like many others I havn't seen one in laser blue and I have to say it is so much better than I thought! I might get one for my next car. Now over 2k and averaging 27mpg ish, down from the 33ish before 1k as you'd expect.

Gareth - I work in MK so maybe it was me you saw!

Currently I've got a Tornedo Red Mk V GTI and love it. Not seen many others (though when I have they've been red!) love the attention its been getting!

The answer to the above query as to whether the laser blue gti is dsg or manula is............manual (only 5 1/2 holes cut from the grille as Chiu has said).

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the scarcity of the Mk5 I might well have been you i saw in MK...or it could some be some VW UK office johnny having a lunchtime blast around the 4,568 roundabouts there ECLIPSe.gif

I've ordered a white one...

I hope it will be here (Northwest) by the end of the month.

I'm off to stock on car shampoo next week!

Haven't seen a single one in the Liverpool / Manchester area.

Neil.

Now that's a colour I would live to see in the flesh [as it were]

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone seen a white one? Anyone brave enough!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was feeling brave & went for white, collected it 02/03, get loads of looks, dont know if thats good or bad grin.gif

Yes pics please a white would look fantastic with 18''s and clean. Come on get them done!

yep, echo that..bet it looks great in Candy White with 18's heart.gif

I'm thinking of getting the back windows tinted on mine once it arrives. I think it's an option in Germany. Does anyone know of any decent companies who could do the tint in the UK?

I'm assuming that there would be now way to get the kit from VW in Germany.

Cheers, Neil.