Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
N15KJS

Pictures Of My New GTI

44 posts in this topic

Can I ask where you got the GTI badge with the rabbit on the back of your car ??....Love it

I picked up my shadow blue car on 17" standard alloys around 2 weeks ago now,previously had a Mini Cooper S but it was a real bone shaker - all I ever heard was complaints from passengers.

The ride in the gti is much better and it still handles like a cart.

Amazing car !

The only thing I miss from the Mini is the Hi Fi system.

The badge was from awsome GTI but they cannot get them now, I saw some on Ebay but they want £34.99 for them were as I paid £20. It's the USA 20th Ani badge and looks that little bit different.

Nice pictures, but why is the GTi badge on the boot red? Is this a blue car thing, or have you been playing with the lipstick again?

Great car and great badge. N15KJS, may I ask if the red badge can be applied to the front grille as well?

Not the lipstick I don't look good in red wink.gif. It only comes with the sticky stuff for a body mount but if you want I would think a little bit of time you could fit it to the front mount badge but too much like hard work for me. Looks like I got my badge at the right time then only cost me £20 should of brought more. Worth having a look on ebay there was someone selling them on there a few months back.

Cheers Nick

I know it has probably been discussed before but how easy was it to remove the original badge and replace it with this one. Also, did you manage to get quotes on the colour coding cos I am seriously thinking about getting mine done.

Also interested in the colour coding costs if you have them.

Thanks.

My dealer in Nottingham will not do it due to the paint not bonding correctly ?. But local body shop which has done some good work previous has quoted £150 all in but they do owe me a favour!

Okay, boss slipped out ten minuted early to catch tonights football so squandered the end of the day.

Here are the results. 169144-ok.gif

retoucha.jpg

retouchb.jpg

Nice one Tian, think it suits the blue. Only one I dont think it looks good on so far is the red.

[ QUOTE ]

Cheers M8 you have made my mind up its getting done !!

[/ QUOTE ]

Let us know how you get on and how much etc. Will get mine done too I think when I get back to UK, think it suits silver too.

Cheers mate 169144-ok.gif

Did any of you guys get a discount at all when you bought the GTIs?

I have bought 2 Mark IV GTI's in the past from new and the dealer gave me sweet FA as regards discount. Then my mate got a job at Audi and the last 2 cars I have bought have been A3s with 9% discount off the list.

The time for change is vastly aproaching again and he has given me the same discount on an A3 2.0T DSG Sportback which is very tempting but the new GTI looks awesome, especially now I have seen the Laser Blue Pics but the Spec I want totals £25k.

If there is a discount then I may go for it?

Cheers