Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anthdodds

gti anni exhaust

7 posts in this topic

I am thinking of putting a different exhaust on my anni has any1 put a set up similar to r32 on to thier gti? what does it sound like? I dont want boy racer sounds just a deeper note!,

also wanting some advice on chipping the car, the last gti (150bhp) I had done was leathal on the roads once it was done couldnt keep the front end from slipping, has anyone else had this problem? is there anything that can be done to overcome this?

I'm not sure what anni means, but I have contacted VW about the exhaust. The cars in Europe have a much better sounding exhaust system than the UK cars. This is due to a thing called a sound box, which is contained somewhere in the exhaust system. VW gave me the telephone numbers of a couple of Dealers in Germany. I will be making enqires, once I take delivery of the car. VW tell me the warranty will be invalidated if I change the exhaust, but this will only affect the exhaust system and n ot the whole car. I'll let you know how I get on.

Anni = "Anniversary Edition" to celebrate 25(?) years of Golf GTI. They made it a bit special with different wheels, a bit of a body kit and trim etc. Didn't they give it a bit more power also?

369079-image006.jpg

post-5289-137914299578_thumb.jpg

post-5289-13791429958_thumb.jpg

The Anniversary Exhaust is slightly different on the petrol - it has a single exit through the rear valance, Miltek make one that is slightly larger and sounds good but not loud.

You would need to replace a rear lower valance as well.

See a picture of Miltek fitted here:

http://www.woofdoggy.com/images/Cars/Golf/Golfrear003.JPG

its a bit of a dark picture but you get the overall impression.

Problem with the Golf when you chip them is that they will lose traction quick int he damp, just a lot of power through front wheels, not much you can do.

[ QUOTE ]

Anni = "Anniversary Edition" to celebrate 25(?) years of Golf GTI. They made it a bit special with different wheels, a bit of a body kit and trim etc. Didn't they give it a bit more power also?

369079-image006.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep Diesel was 150ps and the Petrol was a 180ps.

Also there was a 20th AE (Anniversary Edition) back in 1997.

all Mark IV GTI's should have been like the Anni IMO!!!