Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
silentandy

MkV colour coded pics

26 posts in this topic

Visited my stealer today after he mentioned about having colour coded their demonstrator. It makes a huge difference on the look of the car, the pictures were taken on a mobile so are not great...

gti_colourcoded1.jpg

gti_colourcoded2.jpg

gti_colourcoded3.jpg

Quoted me £240 to do mine when I eventually get it!

Must agree, that does look better (though I think the GTI looks better than the normal golf with black bumpers).

Wouldn't mind a look, which stealer is it?

Yeah looks alright, still think something can be done with the lower rear IMO

Looks good if my dealer can do that for me I may get it done, have they smoothed the bumpers or just painted them

Cheers Nick

[ QUOTE ]

gti_colourcoded2.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately needs bigger wheels now but looks heaps better

Smoothed and primed etc.

They said it was straight forward to do, and it's easy to do the bumper contours as it comes apart in two pieces so you can leave the bottom half black without having to mask.

The £240 quoted was for the sides and rear, didn't see much point in getting the front bit done as that looked like there was too much colour if that makes sense. Plus with the amount of motorway miles I do it would probably get stone chipped to hell.

They said I should give them 5 days to do it once they have the car, so I guess they will do a thorough job of it.

Not bad will report back with what my dealer quotes me more than likley be different

Nick

Have to say i think the back looks better, but i actually prefer the black rubber strips down the sides. IMO that profile looks dead boring now.

looking at it again, that rear bumper looks a bit matt.

Is it finished yet?

It needed a good clean. It's their demo car which they had just parked in the showroom. We found a few bottles of coke in the boot too so think someone had been using it for a few day trips

I usually like colour coding, but not sure if the fact that its the naturally uglier 3 door or the lack of black that makes it look like a 1.6. Doesnt work for me.

Jonathan

Doesn't work for me either but I'm amazed to hear someone say that the 3 door is uglier! I don't think it suits 5 doors at all, just doesn't look as good as the 3 door and I assumed they would be bought by people who need extra doors for loads of kids etc

Each to their own, wouldn't do if we all liked the same things

I guess if people want a breadvan Civic Chav car then the 3 door looks ok smile.gif

Chins- that's a bit rich, like all the previous models, they hardly look any different in 3 or 5dr.

[ QUOTE ]

I guess if people want a breadvan Civic Chav car then the 3 door looks ok smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Better that than mini MPV of course... fekr.gif

Well was in the dealer today and the bodyshop manager came out and told me they wouldn't do it as the paint may start to come off and due to this happening there would be warrenty impilcations. What a load of cr@p, so went to my local body shop who quoted £150 for the rear and sides. Also mentioned about the paint may start to come off but said it should be ok. So I think a birthday treat is in order to get this done!

I think it looks loads better colour coded. I'm not sure what VW were thinking of with that big slab of black plastic at the back!!

Someone mentioned a dealer fit body kit to me the other day. Anyone got any pics?

Very nice indeed Trev!!!!

Colour-coding just finishes that back off nicely 169144-ok.gif