Got a red one

Ben

[ QUOTE ]

Ben,

Looking good, is that an RS4 ? 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Might be wink.gif

Yep, that's now been resigned to the weekend car. The miles were racking up and it's a shame to be using it just pootling around town. The Polo is just what we need for 90% of the time.

Cheers

Ben

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dave,

The car went in on the 10/12/2004 for an annual service (30K) cost us £152.88, minus the oil as I get that myself (Mobil 1) Also brakes dismantled due to the pads sticking to the disc's. Oh and they charged me for washer fluid even though the bottle was full.... NONO3.GIF

The car was still running poorly after the service, and we still had the problems with the occasional none start.

It then went back in on the 22/1/2005 this time for the the clutch that should have been replaced week commencing 13th Dec, but due to the Service Manager resigning (spell?) they did nothing to it for 4 days.... smashfreakB.gif

So the few days it was in (22/1/2005) new clutch, throttle body housing cleaned.

They damaged the front wheel, still trying to sort this out and also left the earth lead disconnected from the engine block, this also caused problems with none starts (see post about more GTI problems).

Now somewhere in between the car also went back in for the power up relay to be replaced, should have been sorted on the 22nd but the techie ignored the service receptionists comments about a buzzing noise from the dash fuse box area, even though it did whilst she telling him about the problem....but didn't fix it.... fekr.gif

But since all the work has been done/sorted the car has been running okay. 169144-ok.gif

Seems to be going OK. The engine is a bit coarse after 4k RPM, but I reckon it just needs a good thrashing. The Avons on the front are toss, just spin in the wet, even in 2nd.

The steering wheel is off centre and the clutch mechanism creaks. It's due a service imminently so I'll spend a bit of cash getting it up together. Problem is the brakes are shot on the RS so that needs attention also (and a good credit card bashing).

Also from hunting round the web, it also appears that the red cars don't have red door panels.

Is the throttle body clean an easy DIY job?

Cheers lads,

Ben

You're Avons are slippy-slidey on the front... my Cooper Cobras are the same in the wet - budget Avons! My lovely new rear Toyos are pretty damn good though so I'll have a couple more of them in June, maybe T1Rs, at least 4mm of tread on the Cooper fronts at the moment so no rush. I have a service and some de-locking coming up so they're prioritised grin.gif

Think you are right about the door cards bjacks, seen a few pics myself and no red inserts - odd really because the best match with red is... well... red! smashfreakB.gif

Fully agree Si, they are budget crap ha.gif

To clear up a previously raised subject, I heard EDL today laugh.gif Not sure why I've not heard it before as I've just had plain wheelspin.

I reckon they canned the red interior as it would just be too much with the red exterior. Good plan. I like red, but not that much 169144-ok.gif

Cheers

Ben