[Audi A3/S3] Interior Rattles

Wallachie

I'm sure some people on here will think this isn't anything to get irritaed about, however! I've got a few strange creaks, rattles, whistles starting to appear in my car. It's '03 and done 34k, so I don't think it should be rattling quite so much.

Will the dealer laugh me out of the shop if I ask them to try and fix them at the next service??? confused.gif

I was suffering with a really annoying rattle from around the glovebox during the cold weather (it's cleared up now). Looks like it was due to the plastic and aluminium catch expanding/contracting at different rates.

I just popped into Walton Audi who supplied the car (via the lease company) and they were really helpful. One of the technicians came out for about 10 mins with me, but of course the car and interior had warmed up by then so the rattle had stopped. I didn't even call to arrange, just popped in on the off chance.

The tech said I should try an get it into a dealer when it's rattling if possible. Otherwise they said I could leave it with them overnight and they would check it out in the morning when cold. Obviously it's not a problem now, but if it happens again next winter I'll get them to sort it out.

I also had a couple of rattles with my old Mk4 Golf GTI 1.8T, and my usual VW dealer sorted them out at no charge during a normal service.

Paul M. what were your 1.8T rattles... I had mine back to the stealers 8 times to sort out a rattle which was eventually found in the rear n/s pillar...

Mills, get it down the dealers mate. Try to pinpoint exactly where the rattle/noise is so that they can go straight to it. Otherwise it'll be a lot of too-ing and fro-ing.

I had various, one from the dash under the steering wheel which was just a loose bit of plastic (good thump sorted it), the pushy in bit at the end of the handbrake rattled (I put some tape round it), the main one sorted by the dealer was a loud rattle/bang from around the back seats when I hit a bump, not sure what they did to resolve it though.....