Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
retro

New A3 Interior

19 posts in this topic

Ordering my new car within the next week, and i've decided to go for an A3 2.0 TDi sport DSG in Akoya Silver. This is the first new car I have ever purchased, and coming from a 1984 VW Scirocco this is a bit of a step up!

Question is, i am going for the standard cloth interior, and am wondering whether to go for the Black-Grey Matrix cloth or the Black-Blue Cloth to go with the Akoya Silver paintwork?

Also, i was wondering how good the Symphony 2 without the BOSE is?, and is there a massive difference between itself and the option with BOSE? It would be interesting to hear from owners without the BOSE if they are happy with their stereo systems, or are they wishing they got the BOSE instead.

Finally, is the DSG really worth the extra dough? because I intend on keeping the car a few years, and anything to make my simpler gets my vote! I am traditionally a manual car driver, but the appeal of the DSG is too hard to ignore. Hopefully someone with the manual gearbox cna comment because looking over a lot of the previous posts everyone seems to have an A3 with the DSG!

Cheers for your help!

Dev

Congrats on the new car. Very nie piece of kit.

Regarding the interior, I would imagine the black-grey would suit the car much better than blue-grey. Also, black-grey will be less likely to look bad in the future.

It is personal opinion on the Bose systems. It is better than the stock sound system and it may help resale in the future. I got it because it was only 400 quid extra for the whole system...and I like my sound smile.gif. Your best bet is when you are at the stealer ordering your car, ask to sit in a car with bose and one without. Preferably, an A3 or A4.

I loved the DSG that I drove. It really is the next step up. Much better than BMW's SMG I feel. Get it. THe only reason I didn't get it is because they dont offer it coupled to the 2.0T and quattro frown.gif

Hi, I didn't get Bose and my only concern since is about the resale. In terms of sound quality it is a very good standard system IMHO. Audiophiles would not be happy with it but then again they probably wouldn't be happy with the Bose system either. Depends how much you like your music and whether a quick fix factory fitted upgrade works for you. If money is not an issue then get it, but if money really is no object at all get a custom fit after.

As has been said, have a listen to them at the stealers.

Enjoy! smile.gif

Go for the black/grey cloth. The black/blue will also get you dark blue plastic on the dash! Kinda tacky in my eyes. Even better would be the leather/alantara, but that would of course increase the price.

I've been well impressed with the standard stereo, in a different league compared to even the upgraded one in my old Mk4 GTI 1.8T. My boss has the Bose in his TT, but to be honest I can't really tell that much difference between the two. Obviously you do get the cool logos though......

I'd definately recommend DSG. Most of the time I just leave it in D, which is pretty relaxing, I've actually found that it makes me much mellower behind the wheel! I get home from the busy drive back from work feeling quite chilled...

But, if I come across a nice quiet country B-road somewhere I just stick it into manual mode and have a blast around.

Sport mode is handy for quick takeoffs from roundabouts and traffic lights (or all the time in London), but that's pretty much all I use it for.

I used to drive regular auto's in Australia, but went back to a manual when I came back over here. I don't think I could get something without DSG now!

The DSG is awesome, simple as that!

Get the Bose, it is quite a bit better than the standard set up and one of the things everyone looks for on a used car.

If you are getting the DSG and the sport you should get the S-Line as you get a much nicer interior and better alloys along with a few other bits for roughly the same price as the DSG gearbox anyway.

Here is my S-line in Akoya silver so you can see the S-line interior and alloys

problem with the manual 2.0tdi is the short rev range, on teh motorway it doesnt matter as the diesel wil still pull hard in 6th, but round town you are constantly changing gear, remember you only have the real power band from around 2200rpm to just inder 4000rpm, not long before you are changing gear.

Hi,

I have just taken delivery of a 2.0TDI Sportback Sport in Dolphin Grey. I hate leather so stuck with the cloth in Blue/Black - I think it looks great and the check is far more subtle than my old A3 (1.8T Sport). Note that you don't get a blue dash unless you ask for it. Mine is Black. I have the standard Concert II Stereo and most people who have been in the car are surprised at how good it is (especially BMW drivers). Bose is a good selling point but having said that I have just got rid of my old, owned from new,very clean 1999 T Sport in just 48 hours without a sound upgrade. When the sound system is competing with tyre roar and diesel noise not sure I would spend the extra.

[ QUOTE ]

.....especially BMW drivers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, yeah the BMW stereos are without doubt the worst on the market.

Excellent choice of colour, I love dolphin, saw one with chrome mirrors the other day and it looked great.

I have just taken delivery of a 2.0TDI Sportback Sport in Lava Grey, with the Black-Grey Matrix cloth...goes well together....well impressed with the standard stereo, so i imaging the Bose must be fantastic.....

Blue/black won't be good for resale IMO.

It never reads well in the classifeds, and as for Blue plastic...

leave that to the 80's Jap cars.

Thanks for the replies guys,

The black/grey matrix cloth it is, as i really do hate leather interiors myself. Im also gonna stick with the DSG as im getting the car for the comfort factor aswell, and its the stop/start traffic in the morning commute through Livepool that is the most stressful. This should go some way in alleviating this i hope!

Still (yes still) undecided on the BOSE, and resale value doesnt concern me majorly, and unfortunately this doesnt wont make a difference to the residual value of the car anyway, but it may prove an appealing option to a private buyer. If the standard stereo is decent, then i might just stick with it, but ill hold judgement until i pop around to my cousin's house tonight. He has got pretty much an identical car to the one i am ordering but his is in dolphin grey with the Syphony II minus BOSE.

decisions decisions decisions.....

The main options I would look for on the used market would be

1 - Leather

2 - Xenon's (becoming more and more essential)

3 - Sunroof

4 - Stereo upgrade

Ill be changing/upgrading the car every three years now because of my new job, so any option will just add to the original cost, and the leather doesnt pay back anything near to what you pay out for it unfortunately when it comes to the residual value of the car. And i personally hate leather too; makes the seats too slippy! lol

Retro, if you are getting the DSG gearbox you may as well pay a little more and get the S-Line, the wheels that come with the sport are not well liked so you would have to change those to at least the 5 spoke 17" which bring the difference between Sport with alloys and dsg and S-line which gives you RS6 alloys half leather (cloth where needed) and DSG to within a couple of hundred quid.

If you are getting auto then an armrest is definitely essential too.

Just to add my view. I've had 2 new A3's, one with Symphony II and one with Concert II. Symphony better of the two. Neither had Bose and can't say I noticed.

Leather and Symphony good for resale. Wouldn't of thought a sunroof is, and xenon's not good for resale at the moment though that will change in the next couple of years.

Blue/black won't be good for resale IMO.....

Hmmm - I will let you know in three years time smile.gif.

it has been very positively commented on by those who have seen it and it does lift the overall ambiance of the interior ... having said that nearly weent for the black/grey myself.

Whatever... enjoy. When you are selling privately, I have found that overall condition is the be all and end all unless you've gone for a really naff exterior colour.

Just for a quick update as it has been a while since i have been on here.....

I bottled it completely! Didn't go for a new A3 as i've decided to take the cash from my monthly allowance and invest it! Working for a nice bank lets me do that smile.gif

Instead, ive decided against the morning commute by car, & chosen to use our wonderful public transport (no, round mine, it really is that good!) and i've bought myself an s3 for weekend use to keep alongside my scirocco. Oh the choices come Saturday!

Its a black 2000 (v) plate car with a full history etc etc. I couldnt say no as it was at a bargain price that i couldnt say no to, and for a weekend blat here n there its perfect. Don't really wanna change it either, as it gets driven so carefully all the time, and have mainly bought for havin the power there when i need it, and the comfort for long journeys, where it is perfect, and much less jarring on the back than the rocco!

Anyway, cheers for the help, and here's a rubbishy pic taken off my Nokia phone to give you an idea what its like! laugh.gif

(see attachment!)

Dev

post-8492-137914307039_thumb.jpg

nice, your driveway needs weeding though dude! yelrotflmao.gif

its like a mini rainforest in the back!

i will get round to it, honest lol