Beige Mondeo, Upper St tonight

Mollox

Full of serious-looking blokes in dark outfits talking into little square radios and with strange blue reflections coming from behind the grille...spotted in my rear view mirror shortly after I'd had a bit of a squirt in 2nd and shot off away from them at the lights smashfreakB.gif

Fortunately I'd short-changed into 3rd @ 30ish and held it there. Then they pulled up behind me and I got that horrible feeling as I checked my mirror and noticed all of the above.

They seemed busy though thank god and soon after that pulled hard over and bowled out 169144-ok.gif

Disappointed in myself, I normally clock unmarked cars straight away.

Also, I think we've discussed this on here before but I can't remember the answer?

Would someone get stopped for doing a "maximum attack" acceleration run (say to 60 on a national speed limit, single-lane road) right up to the speed limit?

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I think we've discussed this on here before but I can't remember the answer?

Would someone get stopped for doing a "maximum attack" acceleration run (say to 60 on a national speed limit, single-lane road) right up to the speed limit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it`d depend on who saw you do it. As long as you appear in control of the car at all times I can't see there's a lot that can be said.

I got a bollocking years ago for doing just his. Traffic lights on a dual carriage way - lights change I nailed it.

Guy who pulled me accused me of 'wheel spinning away from the lights'.

In a 4 wheel drive Skyline. Yeah right fella, no bloody way to get a skyline to wheel spin unless you turn ALL the electronics off.

He just went on and on and on and on and then let me go confused.gif

I was being a cocky sh*t too cos I couldn't follow what he was going to do me for! Probably not the wisest attitude to take and he did check everything grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got pulled over just before Christmas for having an obscured rear plate. I think the reason I was picked on rather than any one of the other cars in the same situation was that I'd pulled out of a garage on to a dual carriage way and gone 0-60 as fast as I could manage - in front of a police car. They didn't mention my rush to get moving but I think, if I'd been more sedate, they would have ignored me.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you could be "done for dangerous/careless driving depending on the circumsatances but in general it wouldnt be a problem, you would probably be stopped as we may think the car has been stolen!

I've been pulled up for accelerating hard away from a junction before.

It was on a 60 limit road and I thrashed it up to 50 and then eased off.

The police car (marked) behind me said I was being clever.

I said I wasn't and was just getting out before the next car came along, thereby accelerated hard to be safe.

He was alright as it happened, but the line of traffic coming along would have meant a much longer wait (which is what he got and then caught up with me about 2 miles later with his lights blazing).

I didn't do anything wrong, and he knew he couldn't do me for it. He just wanted a quiet word. If he gets his thrills like that, then fair enough. (No disrespect to AS on this one).

[ QUOTE ]

The police car (marked) behind me said I was being clever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that an offence now? crazy.gif

I can understand that if a car is taking off in a full blooded tyresmoking opposite lock drift then they could (justifiably) claim dangerous driving, and I can also understand how a car being given serious welly could raise "is it stolen?" questions.

But simply accelerating hard can't actually be an offense surely? confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

There's just "something" about unmarked cars. I can't put my finger on it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Its sometimes just because they are so unmarked. Usually clean, no stickers, not even a dealer sticker, often something very plain (like your Mondeo) and sometimes extra aerials or mirrors (but not always).

In the "olden days" it was always easy to spot unmarked traffic cars cos they were always white Granada 2.8i in L spec. (So in other words normal spec police cars, base spec with biggest engine, in police white, but without stripes and obvious lights).

After all, who else would buy a brand new Granada, spec the biggest most expensive engine, but then have the cheapest most basic spec, and in white?

A hell of a lot of plain mondeos going up and down M3 and A331, spotted a few on A30 as well.

Friday night, after a return journey from East London, dropped the missus off to pick up her car from works carpark, carried on down A331, missus behind me. Picked the pace up to about 90, and behind her a Toyata Supra was giving her some grief, so she pulls in and he passes, but he's stuck behind me and I wasnt giving in. So he is stuck between the two of us. Picked up to about 100mph. Supra decides to act a pratt and threw it onto the hard shoulder, and took off for about 400m or so, before pulling out in front of me again, causing a Grand Voyager beside me to break very harshly.

Suddenly Blue lights from behind, so I pull over, Supra pulling off at a rediculous speed in front of me, an unmarked 5 series BMW police car shot past me and pulled up the Supra. PHEW!!!! Had a steady 70mph journey back home after that.

There are more and more unmarked cars out there, seeing them now on an almost daily basis. ECLIPSe.gif

But simply accelerating hard can't actually be an offense surely?

I've been pulled up a few times since having the M3, and for no reason at all. Second time it happened, it was an unmarked car and I had done pretty much the same thing as what M3Me was describing earlier. Policeman was actually quite rude and agressive and said to me "What else did you get for Christmas sir?" To me that was BLOOD, and he got a good argument in return. He also swore at me telling me that what I had just done was "totally F***ing irresponsible".

I reminded him that I had done nothing wrong, was well within the speed limit and wanted his ID number as I was going to report him for his conduct and for his bad language in front of my 6yr old girl, who was sat in the back of the car.

Policmean couldnt have been more apologetic, but I wasnt having it. So pulled away agressively again, but well within the speed limit. Funny thing about it was that he came up behind me and shot off at high speed. Ooooohhhhh, now that was taking the piss!

Third time it happened was on the same stretch of road. I was between a very dodgy looking modified SEAT even dodgier looking modified GOLF. Lights turned I hit 45 and pulled in front of the SEAT with plenty of room between the two of us. GOLF flew by me, followed by the SEAT, well over the limit, and I got stopped by an unmarked car another half mile up the road.

Again Policmean was agressive and I lost my cool and asked him what it was I had supposedly done wrong. He told me I was speeding, which wasnt true. Then he asked me to lift my bonnet and had asked me if I had any modifications to the engine, to which I laffed. Unfortunately I got into a bit of a heated argument with this guy, over why he dd not pull up either the GOLF or the SEAT. Now this bit really p*ssed me off and after this incident I made a complaint. He responded by grinning at me and literally putting his face up to mine and said "I never saw a SEAT or a GOLF, I saw you pulling away from the centre lane very aggressively". I laffed and said "I'm sorry that you havent got anything better to do other than waste my time and yours", so asked him for his ID number and actually did report this guy, who once again was apologetic. I wasnt having any of it. I had great pleasure in reporting him.

Now....on the other side of the coin, my other half has been stopped while driving my car and the guy coulnt have been nicer. We were doing about 80 heading north on A331 and police car got in front and pulled us over. So, undid the window and guy said that rear fog light was on and could we be reminded that the speed limit was 70mph and NOT 82. And that was it, he drove off.

Hhhhhmmmmm, may the missus natural pheramones are sweeter than mine!! LOL. yelrotflmao.gif

Hey AS, ever fancy yourself as Chief Constable as you seem to talk a lot more sense than the majority of them. Political pawns with a severe lack of common sense.Including the tyresmokers friend oberfuhrer Brunstrom. May his pants be infected with red ants!

[ QUOTE ]

it may a little but if its on a dual carriageway or open road, if you still only go up to the speed limit it doesnt really matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll no longer check for police cars before thrashing it from the lights to 60.

At least that's one piece of fun we're allowed to keep for now!!

Its perfectly safe anyway, just thought police might try and bracket it as "dangerous driving etc"

Cheers AS!!!!