Anyone got a DSG GTI yet?

tribs

[ QUOTE ]

Click the left paddle to go down a gear and the right to go up. Or is that the left paddle to go up and the right to go down. Ohh bo!!ocks just stick it in automatic, sport if I've got money to burn!!

[/ QUOTE ]

you need some practice mate, go and buy a copy of Gran Turismo 4 jump.gif

I ordered one on Jan 18th from the internet dealer in the Manchester area - still no build date - hoping to hear something soon!

Does anyone have a view on the sunroof as an extra? And what about the Xenon headlights? Are they worth the money? Thanks everyone

Hi,

It a company car. The lease went up by £7 a month for Candy White over metallic.

I liked most of the colours but most people seem to be going for metallics. Maybe I'm just a bit different. The dealer said most people including the guys at the dealers didn't fancy the white but once it arrived they all changed their minds. To be honest it was suddenly very popular and it gets alot of admiring glances when you're on the road.

I've attached a pic of mine (just after a wash...)

I think the white ones will be quite uncommon so maybe that will help keep the price up.

Cheers, Neil.

post-7578-137914302793_thumb.jpg

Have to say, I think white is by far the best colour in the gti. Its the colour I'll be getting when I've rubbed enough pennies together blush.gif. The tough one for me is whether to go for DSG or not.

It seems quite a few people who have posted on here have ordered in white, but I'll not be complaining if people are scared off by it. There'll be fewer on the roads when I get mine grin.gif

Here are some photos of a white gti that I have found:

DSCN0453.jpg

DSCN0459.jpg

DSCN0463.jpg

DSCN0465.jpg

DSCN0467.jpg

Hi,

I think the DSG is brilliant. I've always fancied an auto for the trudge to work but never wanted a slow car and as I couldn't have some fancy Merc auto sports job I just gave up hope.

If you drive it easy it changes up at surprisingly low revs and makes driving around town real easy. If you put your foot down a bit it changes up around 3K. When you crawl along in traffic it stays in second and only picks first when you stop - this has is now known as 'kerb crawling mode' according to my GF.

You don't need to engage kickdown in order for it drop a few gears when you want to pass something it's only too happy to oblige even in D.

Cheers, Neil.

I ordered my 5 Dr DSG back in December and I've been told it will be here in 10 days or so, not too bad when promised a March delivery I suppose, still at least the weather will be better, maybe they were thinking that I won't have to clean it so much if it arrives 3 weeks late..........................

Yes, Black is a good colour, especially Metallic. That's what i am picking up in a week or so, well i was supposed to, except the bank has refused me the loan. Does anyone know if it's therefore easier to get Dealership Finance, and what the Pros and Cons are of such a move? Thanks...

Depends on your credit history really. They will try VW Finance first and then pass it on to one of their "second string" finance companies. Not necessarily a higher rate than VWF but perhaps more relaxed unwriting levels.

It should be easier to get finance on the car than a loan as the lender has the security of the vehicle.

A lot will depend on how much deposit you can put down.