Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tribs

Anyone got a DSG GTI yet?

33 posts in this topic

I would have thought that if his own bank have turned him down it's unlikely VWF will provide finance.

They'll probably go down the second string/third string route as you say though.

Wasn't it a bit daft ordering a car without the finance/funds in place though? Not meaning to be rude there, just what I'd see as an obvious question.

Hi there, in direct response to this question, i had ordered a GTi through Reg Vardy in Leicester but they were saying, and i will stress this point, that i MIGHT be looking for a September build, never mind take delivery; this was after ordering it early February 2005. Whilst at my mum's in Telford, i just popped in to the VW Dealership and someone had cancelled their order literally the same day and the car was already en route, so i thought what the hell and paid a deposit of £200.00 pretty much on the spot. Heck, i even saw the car arrive all taped up. Add to this that i have NEVER been turned down for Credit/Loans before, and i believe i can afford the repayments, that is why things have rushed through... sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Add to this that i have NEVER been turned down for Credit/Loans before, and i believe i can afford the repayments, that is why things have rushed through... sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't have a problem getting dealer finance on it then as long as you put down at least a 10% deposit. Don't take their first offer though, as someone else said they can get other quotes from 3rd party finance house such as Black Horse etc that might be cheaper than VW. Also mention the rates you can get for loans on the internet (i.e Lombard Direct 5.9% Apr) to negotiate the APR down, obviously don't let on that you've been turned down by your own bank wink.gif.

Unsecured lending from a bank is notoriously much more difficult to get than HP finance from a dealership, so I wouldn't worry too much that your bank has turned you down. As long as you don't have any CCJ against you or a bad credit history then you should be fine with the dealership.

I look forward to the pics beerchug.gif

Well, the Dealer first of all stated £312.00 per month, so i did quote the Bank loan rate (minus a bit for good measure), so he brough it down to £297.00 per month, about 9 quid more than the loan, all 60 repayments fixed, tried to get him down further twice, but to no avail. Thing is, and people will agree with me here, there are more willing buyers than GTi's at the minute, so VW know they have us over a barrel, so-to-speak, but at least he's throwing in a full tank of Optimax, wow, lol....

Got no CCJ's by the way.. bike.thumb.gif

I take it @ £300 pm over 60 months you have a cash deposit or trade in aswell.

Oh yes, about £4500 up front, + part exchanging my wife's V reg Susuki Swift for a grand....roll on Saturday week.... jump.gif