Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GTiMK5

Anyone seen silver GTi

9 posts in this topic

I have just ordered a Reflex silver GTi with 18" alloys and leather interior. Has anyone seen one in silver and if so what do they look like as I have not seen one in the flesh yet. Honest opinions appreciated and obviously each has their own taste but would be good to get a feel for it. Cheers.

Wayside at Letchworth (Herts) had one as their demo. I've got to say it wasn't my favourite. Like all GTI's, it looks good from the front (with the GTI nosejob) but from the sides and rear it just didn't light my fire. It looked a little "weak" for a GTI, if that makes any sense? Sorry, but you did ask for an honest opinion...

Have to agree with Zippy, my stealer had a 3dr with 18's on which looked good but can't say it really looked stunning like some colours can. Not that it looked bad, it just didn't look as special as others I've seen and would probably mingle in with all the other silver repmobiles on the road.

I was originally going to order black, but while placing the order I mentioned steel grey to the stealer, he said he had one to look and took me to the compound out the back. This was a week before March 1st and he had about 8 different GTIs there. The steel grey looked good, as did

black, red and laser blue.

It is of course a matter of personal taste, I went for steel grey in the end.

[ QUOTE ]

Has anyone seen one in silver and if so what do they look like as I have not seen one in the flesh yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's got the 17" alloys, but here's one:

Silver GTI

Thanks for your views guys, much appreciated. Koff, cheers for the link, looks nice. Will put some phots of mine on when I get it, hopefully tuesday.

Replying to my own post.. just seen that you say you have the highline comp at the top of your webpage. Doh!

Just to clarify, that silver one isn't mine. I'm patiently waiting for my black 3 door to be built, while constantly wondering whether I should add things to the spec.

I saw a silver one heading towards Portsmouth on the A27 just coming out of the tunnel from Brighton direction yesterday. Was going to fast to see much else, just picked out the redline around the grill and the gti badge